Total One - Keep it or sell it?

nukethewhales

gotta nuke something
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto
This past winter, I won a Bauer Total One stick from a silent auction for about $100 under retail. I placed the bid with the self promise that I would sell it for a higher price and make a profit. Unfortunately, the resell market is saturated with them, and if I sold it, I would actually be losing about $40 off of what I spent. But, I'm a student so the money would be nice to pay off debts.

It's my flex (77) (my current stick is too stiff), and a curve that I've wanted to try (P92).. but at this point, I don't have a shot worth the pricetag. I'm not a terrible hockey player, but my girlfriend is pressuring me to sell it, and I don't really want to waste a stick like that in a D-league.

So what would you do? Keep it or sell?

member 30781

This past winter, I won a Bauer Total One stick from a silent auction for about $100 under retail. I placed the bid with the self promise that I would sell it for a higher price and make a profit. Unfortunately, the resell market is saturated with them, and if I sold it, I would actually be losing about $40 off of what I spent. But, I'm a student so the money would be nice to pay off debts.

It's my flex (77) (my current stick is too stiff), and a curve that I've wanted to try (P92).. but at this point, I don't have a shot worth the pricetag. I'm not a terrible hockey player, but my girlfriend is pressuring me to sell it, and I don't really want to waste a stick like that in a D-league.

I'll buy it. PM me. I've been looking for that exact same stick (hopefully for under face value).

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Keep it. That is arguably the best stick out right now. The backstrom (p92) pattern imo is the best too. Its light and durable and selling it might not get you the value you want back from it.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008

If you lose Money then keep it, if you break even + then sell it. They are great sticks.

JSand

Aug 31, 2010

You bought it for around $130 ($100 under retail) and you will lose $40 off of $130 if you sell it? Please let me know where Total One's going for around $90 these days?
I haven't seen anything close price-wise in my area (northern Illinois).

Regardless, I would hang onto the stick. $130 for a new TO - with the proper flex and a curve you have wanted to try - seems to be a great find.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
You bought it for around $130 ($100 under retail) and you will lose $40 off of $130 if you sell it? Please let me know where Total One's going for around $90 these days?

Regardless, I would hang onto the stick. $130 for a new TO - with the proper flex and a curve you have wanted to try - seems to be a great find.

We sell them for 280 ish at the hockey store i work at. If you got it for 130 that is a steal.

blueberrydanish

May 5, 2009
Notice none of the replies care about what your girlfriend say...=].

Your money(I assume) spend it how you please aslong as its within reason...and buying a great stick with all the specs you like...is a great reason.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
blueberrydanish;34703293[B said:
]Notice none of the replies care about what your girlfriend say...=]. [/B]

Your money(I assume) spend it how you please aslong as its within reason...and buying a great stick with all the specs you like...is a great reason.

Haha i was just gonna post that. I say make your decision based on WHY she's pressuring you :P

jwitz04

Jan 18, 2011
I'll paypal you $60 for it. you can buy an 8th of weed, pay the bills, take your girlfriend out to dinner. ALL OF THE ABOVE. $60 is alot of money

nukethewhales

gotta nuke something
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto

As another poster said, Canadian prices are super inflated. Up here, TOs retail for $290. I paid significantly less than that, which is a great deal, but apparently, still a lot more than the US price.

Anyway, thanks all for the advice. I've decided I'm going to keep it, and I just needed a third party rationale. Now to tell my girlfriend.. :p:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I guess lesson learned, right? This economy is TERRIBLE for selling used stuff. There is a crap market for it and the shipping price of hockey sticks is a killer, especially across the border.

That said it's an awesome stick and should work out great for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad