Torts on Francesa

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
love that he is leaning on the guys in the room.

I am hoping that this year is as fun as it looks like it should be.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
On Nash, “he hasn’t played in the playoffs. In the short term I have known this guy, I can barely get a word out of him, I watch him in the weight room and I watch him on the ice, he is low maintenance and I think he is looking to grab a hold of this and NYC. I expect big things out of him. The way he handles himself, no baggage here.”

Like this.

RMcDonagh

New York Rangers Cup
Jul 4, 2007
Long Island, NY
Is it just me maybe but I do not get excited or even care to hear these things. They're always very bland and boring and done with obvious questions and obvious answers. I know some reporting is deadbeat, I'm studying the field in college, but it just seems so worthless at times.

By the way, Francesca is just not a hockey guy at all. I listen to him on occasion and the rare times hockey does come up (it has come up a lot lately because of the lockout and it starting soon), he barely knows the Rangers team aside from the star players.

He should either get on board with the team and learn it more or refrain altogether, IMO. I don't think we need it half-assed.

Not for nothing though but Torts does not give much to the media at all. Very hard to ask a question to because he just picks it apart and usually either refuses to answer it or just keeps repeating his same mindset.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Is it just me maybe but I do not get excited or even care to hear these things. They're always very bland and boring and done with obvious questions and obvious answers. I know some reporting is deadbeat, I'm studying the field in college, but it just seems so worthless at times.

What exactly were you expecting? There's not a lot of exciting things to say. I thought Torts' comments on Nash were interesting and I love what I hear about the way Nash is conducting himself.

By the way, Francesca is just not a hockey guy at all. I listen to him on occasion and the rare times hockey does come up (it has come up a lot lately because of the lockout and it starting soon), he barely knows the Rangers team aside from the star players.

He doesn't know hockey. At least he's smart enough to realize that he doesn't. I find his hockey interviews to be some of his better interviews to be honest. At least he isn't trying to one-up the guest by showing how smart he is.

He should either get on board with the team and learn it more or refrain altogether, IMO. I don't think we need it half-assed.

He doesn't have to do either. Like him or not, the guy has dominated the ratings for decades.

Not for nothing though but Torts does not give much to the media at all. Very hard to ask a question to because he just picks it apart and usually either refuses to answer it or just keeps repeating his same mindset.

He doesn't. I think Mike did a good job to get him talking about the adjustments he's made in camp and the adjustments he's made as a coach communicating with his players. Mike did a good job.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
On Nash, “he hasn’t played in the playoffs. In the short term I have known this guy, I can barely get a word out of him, I watch him in the weight room and I watch him on the ice, he is low maintenance and I think he is looking to grab a hold of this and NYC. I expect big things out of him. The way he handles himself, no baggage here.â€

Like this.

I'm sure things feel different for Nash being on a team where he doesn't have to be "the man" every night. He has other star players around him and other veteran leaders to talk to the media after the game. 48 games to learn and perfect his role on this team and then it's another challenge in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad