Value of: Torts Losing His Damn Mind

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Ooo he's really mad now!

Yeah, I'm mad. Mad that dumb posters like you ruin what can be decent threads, but instead of actual discussion, you being dumb comes barging in going "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OILERS?!" in a thread that is about Eastern Conference teams making a trade.

Shut up already.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Wayyyy too much for a soon to be UFA that PIT likely couldn't really afford to extend. Especially after the playoffs Dumolin just had and Letang just had, I doubt they're looking to move Dumolin.

member 298589

Torts was just on Sirius. I had a screaming 4yo in the car with me so i didn't catch if he named specific cities but He did say he appreciated Panerin being upfront and honest about his intention to play in a "big" city and i would imagine that'd be LA, Chicago, or NY

You sure that wasn't just the radio up loud while Torts was on?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I don’t think we can compare the Hoffman and Karlsson trade to this really... although the return for Panarin won’t be at that 100% premium... its margin for difference won’t be off by much.

Panarin for Guentzel does favor the Pens by a lot. Obviously there needs to be a throw in or 2, which will even it out.

For that case, Dumolin and Brassard aren’t the answer. You’re eliminating their 3C need along with getting rid of arguably their best Dman. (pens homers say Letang out of sentimental value, then say point totals, but Letangs defense is god awful). I’d say Dumolin is their #2 option, but the most well-rounded player on their backend.

You would have to look at wings for this as a replacement. Take out the quantity with the throw ins for Murray added on to Panarin.

Something along the lines of:

Panarin

Guentzel, Rust, 2019 2nd

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I’m not normally a Pens homer, but your assessment of Jake and Dumo is really off.

Jake could easily be a 70 pt winger this year.

Dumo is at worst a # 3 defenseman on his best days he is the Penguins Vlasic.

And you’re asking us to trade Brassard and a 1st for a moderate upgrade on Jake and Ryan Murray.

NONONO NONONO

You were so close then you just went for it, didn’t you? Good boy, you did good!! Dumo is NOT QUITE Vlasic and Panarin is QUITE A BIT MORE than a moderate upgrade on Guentzel. Nice try though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You were so close then you just went for it, didn’t you? Good boy, you did good!! Dumo is NOT QUITE Vlasic and Panarin is QUITE A BIT MORE than a moderate upgrade on Guentzel. Nice try though.

Dumo is Pittsburgh’s top defensive d-man.

Guentzel put up 48 on a terrible ES Penguins team while being forced to continuously play on the third line or play center. He’s put up 10+ goals two playoffs in a row. Even as a 50 pt winger, Panarin is a slight upgrade in terms of what Jake brings to the Penguins. Hornqvist isn’t moving off the top PP, so basically you’d either have a 5
Forward unit or bump Kessel who QB’d their PP last year.

A package of Jake and Dumoulin is just straight up terrible for the Penguins because the cap situation we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad