Tortorella rips Duclair

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Hfboards, where telling the truth makes you a "jerk, asshole, old, unprofessional, bully, incompetent, bad human being" all rolled in one.

Never change, never change.

Reactions: bigtim1988 and bert

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
OP and tweet are being melodramatic here.

watch the interview. Torts didn't just "blurt it out" there was a clear inquisition and a multi part elaboration. Someone is cherry picking comments to fulfill a narrative.

3 teams later and this interview is spot on.

Massive over reaction in this thread.

The video makes it clear. Torts has been working with Duclair, thinks he has skill, but is getting fed up with Diclair thinking he can just do anything he wants in the ice.

Torts even acknowledges that he's the third or fourth coach bitching and moaning about Duclair.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Tortorella kinda reminds me of my father, when things are going good it's all him...when things are going bad it's everyone else.

Looking forward to be shown a video, interview transcript, audio or anything of the sort where Tortorella claims "ownership" of good play from his team.

Feel free to tag me, I'm genuinely curious since I have never seen such a thing, not even when he was a coach with the Rangers where I paid even more attention to him beyond his little spats with Brooks.

Kamaya Painters

Nov 8, 2018
Tortorella actually comes across as someone who's been willing to help Duclair for a while but has run out of ideas to find a consistency that'll be for the benefit of the team. I don't know whether it's down to Duclair's anarchical style of play or a lack of willingness to follow instructions but there seems to be a bilateral problem involving the player and the team. Tortorella will obviously choose the team but good human knowledge is always of help in these situations. It seems to me like he's never dealt with this type of player or personality previously though or he's just pushing certain buttons because he feels it'll most likely work (like criticizing him publically in a politically correct World). Might also be a last ditch attempt to get the most out of him in a pressured situation considering how they might lose two of their best players.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
How can players enjoy coming to work when you have a Boss like Torts?

They will go nowhere with him leading.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I'm not all for the piling on of Torts here, but I also don't really get what he is hoping to accomplish with his comments. If you don't like the way a guy plays why not just scratch him.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Looking forward to be shown a video, interview transcript, audio or anything of the sort where Tortorella claims "ownership" of good play from his team.

Feel free to tag me, I'm genuinely curious since I have never seen such a thing, not even when he was a coach with the Rangers where I paid even more attention to him beyond his little spats with Brooks.

I said he reminds me of my father in that way, of course he isn't going to come out and say it was all me.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I love the man (thanks for 2004) but it's time for the CBJ to fine or suspend Torts. Neither professional nor respectable. It's him who's "off the rails" right now.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Sometimes it takes tough love to get through to a player. I’d say Anthony DeAngelo might be a similar case I’d like to the ADA has turned a corner. Hopefully DuClair does too, soon. Maybe a little bit of a calling-out is what he needs.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
OP and tweet are being melodramatic here.

watch the interview. Torts didn't just "blurt it out" there was a clear inquisition and a multi part elaboration. Someone is cherry picking comments to fulfill a narrative.

3 teams later and this interview is spot on.

Wholeheartedly agree; cherry picking headline grabbing rather than a refreshinhly honest response which it was there by Torts; all he's done is put the ball in Duclair's court in terms of his career.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
There isn't a huge list of coaches with a Cup. He has one more than quite a few other coaches. That's an amazing accomplishment, despite it being quite a few years ago now.
Al McNeil won a Cup.

Randy Carlisle won a Cup.

Claude Ruel won a Cup.

Jean Perron won a Cup.

Dan Bylsma won a Cup.

All great coaches, n'est-ce pas ?

Reactions: Newsworthy

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Torts is a big proponent of "playing the game the right way."

Any way can be the right way from a relative/subjective perspective. Tortorelli is just in love with the media image of him as a controversial loose cannon.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Al McNeil won a Cup.

Randy Carlisle won a Cup.

Claude Ruel won a Cup.

Jean Perron won a Cup.

Dan Bylsma won a Cup.

All great coaches, n'est-ce pas ?
Winning a Cup is so hard that Jacques Demers was literally illiterate and had the the reading level of a 6-year old and still won a Cup

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kiddies. Read the comments not the headlines. This is why this world has so many reactive jabroni's versus intelligent discussions:

upload_2019-2-20_9-50-40.png

Torts rips into Duclair, but this is far from being horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad