Tortorella rips Duclair

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
My impression from the CBJ board is that Duclair has flaws but Torts definitely uses him as a scapegoat and ignores those flaws in his more favored players. If that's the case then it's unfortunate for him. I'd say he should get a chance on another team but this is already his 3rd(?) team so there also may be merit to the criticism.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
What a POS. Have some respect. Duclair should ask for a trade.

Because I'm sure 30 other teams are lining up for his services....

Duclair is running out of options, Torts will get another job if he's not with Columbus.

That being said, unless this ignites Duclair, it's an odd situation. Calculated comments perhaps.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Comments don't really seem that bad, I know torts has his rep but it's not exactly "****ING horse****" and Duclair isn't exactly a superstar player. And the reaction to Lites comments were much more mixed than the piling on Torts here.

Reactions: AHall88

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Duclair has a bit of a weird history; he was a big prospect for the Rangers, traded to the Coyotes, where he put up a little over .5 in his first season, but couldn't replicate it the next two seasons and then traded again to the Blackhawks, who decided not to sign him before landing on a show-me deal in Columbus, where he hasn't done much. Torts will be Torts, but if I had to guess, there is a lot of frustration for a once talented player who hasn't lived up to the hype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad