Toros could have a home? AHL Roadrunners moving to Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
The Fan 590 among other outlets are reporting that the AHL Roadrunners are moving from Toronto to Edmonton (their NHL affiliate) b/c of an inabililty to meet leasing obligations at the Ricoh Coliseium in Toronto.

There is also rumor that MLSE is moving to bring the St. Johns Maple Leafs to Toronto permanently... but its assumed not before the WHA moves to try and sign a lease for the Toros to play at Ricoh Coliseum first.

I wonder what will pan out?

Heres the link to the thread on TMLFANS.ca http://www.tmlfans.ca/forums/index.php?topic=32497.0

Jim_Harnock

Feb 27, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
www.harnock.com
The Oilers announced the relocation of the Roadrunners yesterday afternoon, so it's official. The problem with the Leafs moving their farm team to Toronto is that the Oilers, even though relocating, still own the AHL rights to that area, I believe.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Jim_Harnock said:
The Oilers announced the relocation of the Roadrunners yesterday afternoon, so it's official. The problem with the Leafs moving their farm team to Toronto is that the Oilers, even though relocating, still own the AHL rights to that area, I believe.
I expect Edmonton to get a nice pay day as a result of the eventual outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->