Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
WOOOOOOOOO
phil_and_sid_by_ironrhcp-d6rob0p.png

Love it!

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
HNIC, no not hockey night in canada, more like Healy's night in charge, god I hate that fool so much

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Boston has Jersey, Tampa and Detroit have Buffalo and Rangers all in their own buildings. This is a big pace game.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
The leafs SH% is so high that they due for some regression and an epic collapse. They got lucky last season and outlasted the odds, but even the leafs can't out play the power of mathematical statistics. People should read James Mirtle or Cam Charron etc for some unbiased insights on hockey

hahahahah Mirtle is unbiased....that's good... :laugh:

on topic, last night was last night, us CBJ fans can root for you guys to win one tonight... Beat Pittsburgh!!!

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
hey guys, just coming in because of your line up for the Pens GDT.

Will Ashton take Lupul's spot on the 2nd line, Bodie to the 3rd line and Mclaren on the 4th line?

thanks.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
(sigh) and all of this could have been avoided had Lupul worn the stupid blocker guards. :facepalm:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Lupul can turn a game around for the Leafs.

I hate practise injuries the most

and ironically that's where most of all our injuries have happened so far:

McLaren - broken finger during scrimmage in practice
Kulemin - broken bone in foot during shot block in practice
Lupul - sore foot due to shot block in practice.

Fraser - twisted knee during game.

leafstilldeath*

Hope we win tonight. But I am really troubled with the breakouts this team just cannot seem to get right.

Game 7: We lose because we were hemmed in our zones with points left open and surrender 2 goals to tie the game and another one to lose.

Now, its 11 games and we still cannot get out of our zone. We have almost the same personnel on ice and behind the bench (coaching staff, GM) yet we have not solved the mystery.

I do not and will not blame our goalies until this team can fix this problem. It is frustrating and I am really getting sick and tired of this BS.

Hope Carlyle comes up with better system or the players pick it up. It is just absolutely disgusting and not acceptable, especially, after the heartbreaking loss in Game 7 and the games this season (Win or Loss) that we just keep chasing in our zone and cannot establish a forecheck in the opposition zone. FIX IT!!!

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Hope we win tonight. But I am really troubled with the breakouts this team just cannot seem to get right.

Game 7: We lose because we were hemmed in our zones with points left open and surrender 2 goals to tie the game and another one to lose.

Now, its 11 games and we still cannot get out of our zone. We have almost the same personnel on ice and behind the bench (coaching staff, GM) yet we have not solved the mystery.

I do not and will not blame our goalies until this team can fix this problem. It is frustrating and I am really getting sick and tired of this BS.

Hope Carlyle comes up with better system or the players pick it up. It is just absolutely disgusting and not acceptable, especially, after the heartbreaking loss in Game 7 and the games this season (Win or Loss) that we just keep chasing in our zone and cannot establish a forecheck in the opposition zone. FIX IT!!!

All our forwards wait at the opposing blue line, hoping defenders hit them and they dump the puck in. Then we get the forecheck going, to retrieve the puck. However, we have no speed which means that two things happen. Opposing forward either intercepts the pass, or our forwards have no speed and lose the puck battle.

That is why most of our goals have been our forwards chipping the puck by the opposing defenders and creating an odd man rush and capitalizing on the scramble play by the other team.

We just don't have enough puck possession players to skate the puck out of the zone.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Clarkson in, Lupul out

Im really not sure whether to laugh or cry about this :laugh::cry::laugh::cry:

Not having Clarkson and Lupul in all our games so far this season has been caused by their own stupidity

leafstilldeath*

All our forwards wait at the opposing blue line, hoping defenders hit them and they dump the puck in. Then we get the forecheck going, to retrieve the puck. However, we have no speed which means that two things happen. Opposing forward either intercepts the pass, or our forwards have no speed and lose the puck battle.

That is why most of our goals have been our forwards chipping the puck by the opposing defenders and creating an odd man rush and capitalizing on the scramble play by the other team.

We just don't have enough puck possession players to skate the puck out of the zone.

I see our forwards sometimes involved in backchecks and defending but just cannot take that first pass or Ds make that first pass cleanly, we are always pressured and for a young team I do not understand what the hell happened to the speed. Did Barbara kill it or what?

But yea you are right. Our wingers float most of the time waiting for a pass and do not get open enough for the D to hit them with a clean pass. Our forechecking has been abysmal. Except last night with McClement-Bolland- Clarkson nobody shows any desire to go into the boards and win those tough battles or even just show hustle opposion, neutral or defensive zone. It is just not acceptable from the professional athletes making millions of dollars.

Second, I do not understand why the defense isn't taking enough shots, I do not see anyone shooting the puck except Franson from point. Also what the hell happened to Gards? He was our best D skating the puck out but Carlyle seems to have altered his game. he plays scared I think.

Puck possession is important and I hope this team starts internalizing it asap. The more puck you have less it is for the opposition to get a scoring chance.

This group has to learn quickly!!!

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008

We have plenty of skill with the puck on this team, the coaching strategy is not using it. We are 100% avoiding the middle of the ice even when it's safe. It's sucking the skill right out of our game. Chip-and-chase doesn't make sense for this team. Even teams that aren't that good are passing circles around us as we struggle to chase down the pucks we threw away because its "safe." The only time we have an organized breakout is when the other team goes for a line change. And our passing from our icing line through the neutral zone is so incompetent one might be tempted to think they're not even practicing it at all...maybe because they're too busy practicing chipping the puck 6 feet up the boards :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->