GDT: Toronto vs Pittsburgh||Oct 26 7:00 PM||CBC|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Just because you have a woody for Crosby doesn't mean everyone has to. There's more going on in the game people want to hear about other than than how big and nice Crosby's dick is. Deal with it.

And so the insensitivty already begins. Got a problem? Complain to CBC. :laugh:

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Healy's commentary is going to condense down to three words:

Crosby
Reimer
Rebound

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
I think Carlyle will swap 1 or 2 guys. I wouldn't mind to see Bodie in. He had great speed and hit good too. I didn't look outta place on that 4th line instead of Orr. Maybe McLaren will play too.

You guys think Carlyle didn't play Lupul yesterday to make sure he plays tonight?

delled

Oct 3, 2009
GLG!!!

enrsVwW.jpg

1sxCSzR.jpg

Last edited:

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I really hope Leafs fans don't complain about CBC having a hardon for Crosby.

He is the best player in the league, and playing like one. Deal with it.

Obviously he's that good that we'll hear about him. But every 2 seconds hearing his name and hearing how good he is isn't necessary. Just gets annoying.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
Obviously he's that good that we'll hear about him. But every 2 seconds hearing his name and hearing how good he is isn't necessary. Just gets annoying.

I tend to think the same when reading the game day threads and reading "Healy" "Healy" etc.

I truly can't fathom this bizarre fixation so many people have with what he says. If it truly sends a person off the deep end, turn off the sound and turn on the audio from another broadcast.

But if you really listen to what he says, it's fairly objective. It's just that, in the recent past, the Leafs have sucked fairly hard and fairly consistently.

:shakehead

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Why?

More like, Leafs better hope the Leafs have a good game.

Because unless the Leafs defense has improved dramatically overnight I think they're going to need 4-5 goals to win tonight.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Penguins are 7-3. Leafs are 7-4. Penguins lost last night to 11 point Islanders; Leafs lost last night to 10 point Columbus. The Penguins may be a little better than the Leafs but it's not like they're light-years better.

The Leafs can win tonight.

There's no reason to give up before the game even starts. Unless of course, you're a fraidy-cat who who's scared he might get his hopes up and be disappointed.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Because unless the Leafs defense has improved dramatically overnight I think they're going to need 4-5 goals to win tonight.

Ya, we don't need a crap goaltender to win against.

NYI won last night with their "below average defence".

Just need to have a full team effort.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I can't remember if that same question was asked on TSN or Sportsnet, but it was and the response was this. After what happened with Parros, the Leafs didn't play any other teams who had the heavy weight fighters like a Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren. So Orr didn't get a chance to fight.

And didn't he fight Rosehill the very next night after the Parros incident? It's still a missing element from the Leafs this year - physicality in general is lacking.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Ya, we don't need a crap goaltender to win against.

We did against Edmonton, and they suck. We also needed poor goaltending to beat Ottawa. And Minnesota. So you would be wrong there.

samyy

Apr 14, 2009
I don't even care if we lose tonight.
JUST SHOW SOME ****ING HEART AND MAKE IT A GAME.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
The leafs SH% is so high that they due for some regression and an epic collapse. They got lucky last season and outlasted the odds, but even the leafs can't out play the power of mathematical statistics. People should read James Mirtle or Cam Charron etc for some unbiased insights on hockey

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario
The leafs SH% is so high that they due for some regression and an epic collapse. They got lucky last season and outlasted the odds, but even the leafs can't out play the power of mathematical statistics. People should read James Mirtle or Cam Charron etc for some unbiased insights on hockey

Another "Oh **** THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" Leaf fan :shakehead Calm down bro, we are going to lose sometimes... it's the inconvenient truth

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Really wish we won last night, would have made this game "expendable"

We sorta have to win now

Fakey123

Jan 27, 2009
Lose to Columbus, win against Pittsburgh, seems like something the Leafs would do

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Maybe they were so bad yesterday because they were saving their energy for today :shakehead

They need to limit the penalties tonight... way too much time spent on the PK

Hopefully they get a win after that awful performance yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad