Pre-Game Talk: Toronto vs Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Yeah I don't think they will win.... .last time the Preds beat em so bad. Their defense is so much better

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Got a bad feeling about this one

We're bleeding shots at an embarrassing rate and look like were asleep half the time, that's not a good mix

Now watch us go out and blow the doors off them

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I think at this point, they're told not to
you seriously believe what you posted is true?? you are saying babcock tells them to stand around, and not help the D really???? you cant be serious..... its on the players to have the will to do something and they do not do anything, they float.... and play lazy.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
you seriously believe what you posted is true?? you are saying babcock tells them to stand around, and not help the D really???? you cant be serious.....
not sure if it's Babcock or Smith, but yeah. That's where they want forwards for their transition style. If you think he's telling them otherwise and they refuse to listen to him, that's even worse though

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
not sure if it's Babcock or Smith, but yeah. That's where they want forwards for their transition style. If you think he's telling them otherwise and they refuse to listen to him, that's even worse though
yea this is not good lol, im not sure how we are going to do anything in the playoffs at this rate. im honestly sad and disturbed this team coming into this year I thought we would be much better than this... oh well.... its life i guess.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Lost to them earlier in the year but swept a stronger Nashville team last year.

Lost Goat but Kaps being back in will really help us (and Kadris line)

Slight edge to Nashville with the home ice and our injuries but they havnt really been setting the league on fire lately either.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
In Nashville this week and have tickets to the game tomorrow, bought them before the Leafs forgot how to win hockey games.

I hope I haven't just purchased an expensive front row seat to my boys getting blown out

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
as bad as the last 4 games have been, at least Matthews looks like his usual dominant self again. he's had 70% of scoring chances while on the ice, which is pretty outstanding. I wonder if it has anything to do with Nylander

He was bad in the dot against Philadelphia. Three of their goals came off faceoffs win by Philly in the Leafs end.

Reactions: ktownhockey

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
In Nashville this week and have tickets to the game tomorrow, bought them before the Leafs forgot how to win hockey games.

I hope I haven't just purchased an expensive front row seat to my boys getting blown out

Have you been to agame there before?

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
you seriously believe what you posted is true?? you are saying babcock tells them to stand around, and not help the D really???? you cant be serious..... its on the players to have the will to do something and they do not do anything, they float.... and play lazy.

The players are told to collapse and take away the high danger areas, which allows the opponents to control the puck and make plays with ease. This shot features the leafs in their usual structure while two Hawks are in the corner and the other two are changing.

Do you really think they are making this formation on their own?

9e87391c9ccb49c4a69d7648cfdb2690-full.png

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Lets hope this practice today which "focussed on a renewed commitment to defense and communication" resets this team.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
I usually agree with you but not on this one.

The team never had any kind of structure or system. They were winning games because they have so much talent, but now they have just fallen apart. Sometimes we are still able to score a lot of goals, but thats it. Other teams have figured out the areas we are struggling with and took advantage.
The team is now completely lost in regards to what we should play, what is our system, how do we break out, what should our D zone coverage look like.

This is entirely on the coaching staff. They simply couldn't implement a good team structure, not after years.

You can work hard, but for what? The fastest car in the world is useless if it's unable to stay on the track. This is what we look like now.
Should always work hard.
And.
A true fan never gives up on their team.
I can't stand the makeup of this team.
But.
I believe they can win every game.
If you don't, you're not a fan.
Just how that is.
Fire Dubas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad