Pre-Game Talk: Toronto vs Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Glad Kappy is back. Desperately need Gardiner and Dermott back now. The rumour that Gardiner is out til at least the 2nd round of the playoffs if we get that far is brutal. Can't stand watching Marincin, Holl and Ozhiganov in this lineup any longer.

Reactions: ToneDog

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Will our Leaf players send another message to Dubas by laying another egg?

Or, will our Leaf players decide to play decent hockey?

Who the hell knows, because I sure don't!

Go ahead Leafs, embarrass Leafs Nation once again!

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Interesting. So they actually discussed the idea of possibly calling up Sandin but decided against it, they must've done the same for Liljegren as well.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Will our Leaf players send another message to Dubas by laying another egg?

Or, will our Leaf players decide to play decent hockey?

Who the hell knows, because I sure don't!

Go ahead Leafs, embarrass Leafs Nation once again!

If October Freddy (prefer October over April) shows up and the same team that lost to the Sens, it will be over in the first. Same on Wednesday when the emotional Sparks starts.

Reactions: Al14

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Hope Marner comes to play as he has been guilty of some poor line changes and lazy one-handed attempts at stick checks.

Got to be heavy even though you weigh less than a bag of potatoes.:naughty:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Kapanen got 9 games after putting up a worse ppg than Sandin, as a forward. Why is he a reason that Sandin shouldn't get called up exactly?

To be fair when Kapanen made his debut, it was the season the Leafs finished dead last and were way out of the playoffs. They're a legit contender now so I think the timeline is different.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
To be fair when Kapanen made his debut, it was the season the Leafs finished dead last and were way out of the playoffs. They're a legit contender now so I think the timeline is different.
True, but I don't think you can give him as an example of overcooking a player in the minors. I don't think Johnsson is either.

Also, I think you could make the case that playing on a good team sheltered by good players is a better environment for a young player than playing on that basement team

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Was he playing in the AHL?

What is this supposed to mean?? Brown was one of our more reLiable players in a week we showed very little effort and compete. Brown is the the reason we lost any of the games this week...

Last edited:

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I can't stand watching that bottom pairing, but we need to accept the fact that this management team will not call up Sandin/Liljegren. People keep referring to 'overcooking', as if Sandin has been in the minors for 3 plus years. Liljegren still hasn't found his stride due to injuries. I don't think it makes sense in the long run.

I think Rosen makes the most sense once he is good to go.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I can't stand watching that bottom pairing, but we need to accept the fact that this management team will not call up Sandin/Liljegren. People keep referring to 'overcooking', as if Sandin has been in the minors for 3 plus years. Liljegren still hasn't found his stride due to injuries. I don't think it makes sense in the long run.

I think Rosen makes the most sense once he is good to go.

Both Liljegren and Sandin could come up right now, but the right move is to keep them down there. If they earn spots in Camp, or throughout next season, awesome.

Dermott is about a week away apparently. Rosen is on a similar timeline. They will be the third pairing before long (even though Dermott should be higher)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Really don't get it guys. Why put the pressure on these kids to fix the defense right now? They still are not complete players yet, we should be giving them all the time they need to make them NHL ready.

I don't want a Luke Schenn I want a Rielly. Rielly was brought up too soon and it stunted his development. I wouldn't touch any of the kids until this time next year at least.

Reactions: Once

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Now picture Babcock as Groucho Marx saying that.

groucho_bet.jpg

Reactions: Trapper

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Interesting. So they actually discussed the idea of possibly calling up Sandin but decided against it, they must've done the same for Liljegren as well.

they were going to do the Nylander/Kappy thing with Lilly.. didn't he have some injuries or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->