Pre-Game Talk: Toronto vs Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Back @ it again Tuesday at 8, Good opportunity for Toronto to get back to playing well against a playoff team. Win or lose just play somewhat good please lol, need to start gaining momentum for the playoffs in 3 weeks.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Nashville is 5-5-0 in its last 10, Toronto is 5-4-1....and yet I still feel like we're gonna be beat down next game. Hope to see a much better outing from the Leafs.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Nashville made us look like a lottery team last time, and the Leafs were playing pretty well at the time. The Preds looked so good defensively, blocking passing lanes and taking away time. I'm not too optimistic here given our recent games. Hope I'm wrong though..

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I usually go to every Leafs game in Nashville, but I’ll be sitting this one out.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He will never do that.

It's everybody but him.
There's a lot of things you can pin on the coach. The last few games are not one of them. It's not the coaches job to make you fulfill the simplest parts of your job. Just like at any other workplace. The boss can be responsible for inefficiencies in the work place, but it's not his fault if some employees are late every other day.

I've kind of lost my faith in Babcock this season, but this is on the players. They have been absolutely dreadful. And even my biggest issue with him, roster and game management, hasn't been a factor here. He's actually reduced ice time or demoted some of his usual favorites due to bad play.

Reactions: Smif and cookie

KE19

Jan 30, 2019
They will win this one only to shit the bed @ Buffalo the next night with Sparks in net.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
There's a lot of things you can pin on the coach. The last few games are not one of them. It's not the coaches job to make you fulfill the simplest parts of your job. Just like at any other workplace. The boss can be responsible for inefficiencies in the work place, but it's not his fault if some employees are late every other day.

I've kind of lost my faith in Babcock this season, but this is on the players. They have been absolutely dreadful. And even my biggest issue with him, roster and game management, hasn't been a factor here. He's actually reduced ice time or demoted some of his usual favorites due to bad play.

I usually agree with you but not on this one.

The team never had any kind of structure or system. They were winning games because they have so much talent, but now they have just fallen apart. Sometimes we are still able to score a lot of goals, but thats it. Other teams have figured out the areas we are struggling with and took advantage.
The team is now completely lost in regards to what we should play, what is our system, how do we break out, what should our D zone coverage look like.

This is entirely on the coaching staff. They simply couldn't implement a good team structure, not after years.

You can work hard, but for what? The fastest car in the world is useless if it's unable to stay on the track. This is what we look like now.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016

I worry that Babs has sucked the life out of this team. But yeah it certainly says something about our players if they are just giving up. I don’t want to be too doom and gloom but something really does need to change. Muzzin is a glaring example of something wrong. Look at him before and then after joining the leafs. Looks like a different player.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I worry that Babs has sucked the life out of this team. But yeah it certainly says something about our players if they are just giving up. I don’t want to be too doom and gloom but something really does need to change. Muzzin is a glaring example of something wrong. Look at him before and then after joining the leafs. Looks like a different player.
He's been hurt since joining the Leafs.

Reactions: bax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad