Toronto vs Calgary 7 game series.

Who would win in a 7 game series with current rosters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Is Marner vs Gaudreau still being discussed?

Gaudreau 28g 70p
Marner 18g 59p

I guess the gap in production has ballooned enough for people to start peddling the myth that Gaudreau is weak defensively.

Looks like the gap in production has fallen back down to 2. Gaudreau is nothing special defensively and neither is Marner. They’re close. The difference is that Toronto has 3 forwards at that level and Calgary only has one. On top of that, Toronto has much better depth up front.

Flames are 8th in both 5v5 GF/60 & 5v5 GA/60, which puts them 7th in 5v5 GF%.

They're also 10th in PP%.

At the very least, if you're going to continue to try and shoot down the Flames, at least use facts.

Lying just makes you sounds like a jealous Sharks fan, which is quite clear

You quoted my post from January 8th, when those numbers were accurate, and then called me a liar because it didn’t match data from January 14th. :help: Double check what you’re looking at next time before you make such accusations

They worked their way up to top-10 in both categories at the time of your post and they’re still up there, but it seems like they’re on their way down - at least in the GA/60 column anyway.

Last edited:

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Calgary in 5 at the most.

boston is not the only team in the league that knows how to play physical against the leafs

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Calgary's skaters are better overall, especially their D, but Andersen in nets could be the difference for the Leafs. Andersen hasn't been stellar in the playoffs, but he's a safer bet than the wildcard Rittich.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Why didn't they try that strategy a few days ago when they got smoked?
Calgary doesn't scare anyone as a heavy team.
So one game will decide a whole series? Didn't you guys learn after proclaiming yourself the favorites over Boston last year cause you won most of the regular season matchups?

Reactions: Snowman

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The way the Leafs played em and the way they responded the other night it would be a sweep for Toronto

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Calgary in 5 at the most.

boston is not the only team in the league that knows how to play physical against the leafs

Right, because the chances of the Leafs winning more than one game is zero.

Main boards always good for a laugh or two, sometimes even more than that. :laugh::laugh:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leafs in 6. Andersen >>> Calgary Duo, and that would be the difference

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Leafs won't get to see the 2nd rd in their own conference so we will never have to worry about them meeting the Flames in any finals.

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Leafs also have better skaters. Better depth and more high end talent

I agree that you have better depth but your high end talent is looking a lil thin when you compare the 2 teams. When you say your team has more high end talent that would lead me to believe your high end talent should be out producing our high end talent. Unless you are talking before this season and on paper.

Before the season on paper your team had the better high end talent.

Both teams are having a great season and very comparable to each other. I for one would love it if it was tor/cal in the finals.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I voted Calgary but deep down I know that their goaltending will let them down.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Assuming each team gets to the Finals you'd have to assume Calgary's goaltending has been solid enough and that Toronto is rolling.

Coin flip likely at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad