Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1 - PGDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Face-palmed so hard, I nearly drove off the road listening to the talking heads on radio saying Leafs lack offensive depth. Six/Seven 20 goal scorers isn't enough?

That's pretty funny. I guess it's that time of year when talking heads sound even more idiotic than usual.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Matthews, Tavares, Andersen
Andersen for sure.
But as for the X factors, I think it’s going to be more of a collective rather than just one name.

For example goaltending - check
PK - this will be huge. And as a unit can really help us.
Zone time - if our lines can get behind the D, we stay longer.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
And other people watch to come to their conclusions.
We've already had some of the loudest negative voices say they hadn't watched, at least when we weren't good enough right off the bat. We've had others say we suck because we don't spit enough teeth out of our mouths, or break current NHL rules, or our regular season didn't compare to nostalgic memories their grandpa told them from 60 years ago, or the best playoff run of the last few decades.

Ah, but they aren’t your conclusions are they.
Everyone is going to have different takes and biases. How can you say others don’t have conclusions?
I don't care if they are my conclusions or not if the person can support their conclusions.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We've already had some of the loudest negative voices say they hadn't watched, at least when we weren't good enough right off the bat. We've had others say we suck because we don't spit enough teeth out of our mouths, or break current NHL rules, or our regular season didn't compare to nostalgic memories their grandpa told them from 60 years ago, or the best playoff run of the last few decades.

I don't care if they are my conclusions or not if the person can support their conclusions.
Again, another conclusion. Some of the people, what they are saying, they have legitimate points formed over time.

You I don’t know. Fairly new account and I’ve seen those created to be Minus Mitch, harp on one player or even the reverse account where everything is awesome and all other conclusions must be invalid.

Then there is on the level. Not sure where we are just yet.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Do people really still have to explain something as simple as the fact that it's not how big you are but how big you play?
I can reference you many games such as the ones against Winnipeg, Washington, NYI, and many more where our lack of grit was all of a sudden a complete non-issue because our team decides to put the effort in.

But I understand, you and many others have invested so much into the opinion that the team lacks physicality and grit that there's no turning back now. So we don't lack that element when the team tries, and we definitely aren't undersized either.

th

Reactions: MattySnipes

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

You must watch like you read.....

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I can reference you many games such as the ones against Winnipeg, Washington, NYI, and many more where our lack of grit was all of a sudden a complete non-issue because our team decides to put the effort in.

But I understand, you and many others have invested so much into the opinion that the team lacks physicality and grit that there's no turning back now. So we don't lack that element when the team tries, and we definitely aren't undersized either.

th

The Islanders smoked them.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Again, another conclusion. Some of the people, what they are saying, they have legitimate points formed over time.
Then they should have a bunch of supporting evidence accumulated over time, that prove what they are saying. Still waiting.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Seems everyone is writing off the Leafs on the main boards, pretty bizarre for a team that has maintained top 5-7 position for the entire regular season, a team that went 7 with the Bruins without Kadri for half the series and a C depth of Matthews-Bozak-Plekanec.

2018 - Matthews-Bozak-Plekanec = 7 games.

2019 - Tavares-Matthews-Kadri

You have to think the major bolstering of Toronto's C for this series will have a difference. I expect JT to make his mark on this series in particular, if Andersen plays light outs in game 1 I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Leafs draw first blood in this series to take the lead.

Main boards would be comedic gold unlike we've ever seen before.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Interesting.

So by "family that's seen cups in the 50s and 60s ", you meant Lou. Really?

But even then there's this question:

You're making even less sense than usual today sir, perhaps it's time to take a break and get some fresh air.

I have no relation to Lou. I am not saying that at all. Lou is an old guy in hockey, he is not senile or hockey dumb by any means like he was suggesting old people are.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Seems everyone is writing off the Leafs on the main boards, pretty bizarre for a team that has maintained top 5-7 position for the entire regular season, a team that went 7 with the Bruins without Kadri for half the series and a C depth of Matthews-Bozak-Plekanec.

You have to think the major bolstering of Toronto's C for this series will have a difference. I expect JT to make his mark on this series in particular, if Andersen plays light outs in game 1 I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Leafs draw first blood in this series to take the lead.

Excuses will be flying everywhere.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

No no no... you're missing the point.

The bruins are MUCH better now because they added Carlo.

:jk::jk:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Excuses will be flying everywhere.

I think we are going to win because this team deep down knows it has to. I am expecting an explosive passionate team that is going to have them on their heels.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
I think we are going to win because this team deep down knows it has to. I am expecting an explosive passionate team that is going to have them on their heels.
This is the year that Chara is going to move like molasses, bergeron line is going to be split up because they are getting destroyed by depth, rask is going to shit the bed. It's our time

Reactions: Mathews28

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
We clinched the playoff spot beating the Islanders :laugh:

After the Isles clinched the night before.....the other two were really bad, especially the effort in the homecoming game. You can’t deny that.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
After the Isles clinched the night before.....the other two were really bad, especially the effort in the homecoming game. You can’t deny that.

We actually looked pretty good in the 1st period of that 2nd Isles game until the team mentally checked out after those weak goals by Sparks. Pretty shitty effort in those 2nd and 3rd periods no doubt though.

And in the 1st game: We outshot them 36-28, outplayed them for large stretches, and Sparks let in more of his patented shitty goals, pretty much gifted Barzal his hattrick.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
No no no... you're missing the point.

The bruins are MUCH better now because they added Carlo.

:jk::jk:

Pastrnak and Carlo’s progression isn’t really anything to scoff at, but we’ve had some progression and substantial adds in Tavares and Muzzin. Basically everyone on D is having an improved year except #6 & #7.

Kadri and Nylander have regressed in production, though Nylander has still been producing chances well.

Improvement from Marner & Matthews over last year in their overall play.

Added Tavares.

I think we’ve NET improved more than Boston since last year. But still can go either way.

Reactions: Menzinger

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This is the year that Chara is going to move like molasses, bergeron line is going to be split up because they are getting destroyed by depth, rask is going to **** the bed. It's our time

If this team can't get it together for this series. Big issues and changes to come.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
That’s fair. I expect Bruins to attack the right side hard either way.
We need to be good in the Neutral zone to prevent them from acting one side of the ice. Forcing them to dump the puck in from the red line rather then attacking the right side. Our right side is better this year as well. Haisney looks better this year with less minutes and Zaitsev is healthy this year and Dermott is better then Polak.

Reactions: mavis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad