Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1 - PGDT (NOT for other series' discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Tomorrow's game is the swing game.
Win it.... all the pressure is on Boston at home...and they know this

Tomorrow's game will likely see similar anticipation and urgency that we saw from Boston in game 2. Difference is we have the crowd and last change. If we can keep the tempo high, get behind their D early ... we can turn it back into a game 3 (punch/counter punch/clamp down game)

Reactions: Rob Brown

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

And the other post above shows too with him leading the practice... they all respect him for it. Yes it got out of hand... yes what he did wasn't the best option... but your damn right his team mates appreciate it. If anything I think this gives them a lot of motivation now... the cup should be enough obviously... but specifically in this series ... they're doing what you have to do to win it all.. back each other up through hell and back.

**** Boston and Debrusk ... let's put these ****ers from Boston on the golf course.

Nice. I have been thinking about kind of the same way. Assume Kadri tweeked his knee on that dirty hit.

Reactions: Burnie97

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Tomorrow's game is the swing game.
Win it.... all the pressure is on Boston at home...and they know this

Tomorrow's game will likely see similar anticipation and urgency that we saw from Boston in game 2. Difference is we have the crowd and last change. If we can keep the tempo high, get behind their D early ... we can turn it back into a game 3 (punch/counter punch/clamp down game)
The last time this group of Leafs players minus Tavares and Muzzin who were not on the team at the time was up 2-1 going into Game 4 was in 2017 against Washington and we know they lost that game. So with their playoff experience since than let's hope for a better result tomorrow night and get up 3-1 on Boston and they can experience what that's like for a change.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I wanted to say, that I thought Hainsey played exceptionally well last night. There would be no problem on my end, giving him another year. But with the way he is playing he might get two, or maybe even three on the open market.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This team looks a year more confident.

Still a lot of hockey left, but I'm glad this team has proven the "Boston in 4 or 5" nonsense is hogwash
The one thing which bothered me last night is Jim Hughson brining up how the Bruins top line has not yet produced compared to last years series. It's like he said that hopping it would happen. Plus the fact he called them the perfection line. I was watching The Hockey Guy's recap of the game on YouTube and he said Jack Edwards doesn't call them that and said it needs to stop right away, so in my opinion that says a lot.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
All you need to know is every time the Leafs win Jim Hughson cries himself to sleep at night. he is truly one of the worst I ever seen in hockey. He sucks even more than his wet dream, the Canucks, who will be garbage for years to come.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
We have to find a way for Kadri to not get suspended. Colombus' size and grit is beating TB small and skill model.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
But...but...did the Leafs really improve after getting Tavares!?!

Regular season points clearly show that the Leafs didn’t improve. Why do we have this $11M guy instead of Plekanec and Moore?
Leafs were pretty much locked in by January, their final point total was reflective of a lack of nightly motivation, rather than some reflection of the difference JT would make. He's worth every single penny, and he's been better than advertised, particularly on the defensive end.

Reactions: Cams

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
My MVP of the series so far besides andersen cause that is a given: Jake Muzzin.

If we didnt have him, then bergeron’s line would be eating up our team just like last year.

The defence matchup is much more important than the tavares line. Who do you think is defending them on the rush or in the corners? Muzzin and zaitsev have been absolute studs in our two wins so far.

Reactions: Palio and Cams

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
The one thing which bothered me last night is Jim Hughson brining up how the Bruins top line has not yet produced compared to last years series. It's like he said that hopping it would happen. Plus the fact he called them the perfection line. I was watching The Hockey Guy's recap of the game on YouTube and he said Jack Edwards doesn't call them that and said it needs to stop right away, so in my opinion that says a lot.

He wasn't coining that term as his own. I really don't get the obsession with trying to find some conspiracy of hate of the Leafs from HNIC. I find they call it pretty down the middle, it's what they are supposed to do. How about when he joked when a Bruin "tripped over the blueline".... What do you guys want.....the Leafs version of Rick Jenarette (sp?), or Mickey Redmond? Would you rather have Romaniuk back.....? Plus, he was right....the Bergeron line hasn't produced....is that not a good thing? And who cares what "The Hockey Guy" says.....who the hell is, and why should he matter?

Enjoy the playoffs everyone....... why does every good have to come with having to looking for something bad or to nit pick about?!

Reactions: DarkKnight

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
He wasn't coining that term as his own. I really don't get the obsession with trying to find some conspiracy of hate of the Leafs from HNIC. I find they call it pretty down the middle, it's what they are supposed to do. How about when he joked when a Bruin "tripped over the blueline".... What do you guys want.....the Leafs version of Rick Jenarette (sp?), or Mickey Redmond? Would you rather have Romaniuk back.....? Plus, he was right....the Bergeron line hasn't produced....is that not a good thing? And who cares what "The Hockey Guy" says.....who the hell is, and why should he matter?

Enjoy the playoffs everyone....... why does every good have to come with having to looking for something bad or to nit pick about?!
It's because Hughson has always had this anti Leafs sentiment the way he broadcasts their games and it's annoying.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Have to admit I don't hear this mythical bias against us either.

Reactions: Cams

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
B's fans want Pasta moved off the top line so he can avoid JT's line and Muzz; they think the Matthews and Nylander lines can be exposed, so our guys need to bear down as I can't see Cassidy sticking with the status quo if we're up or the game is tied late on Wednesday; a Game 4 loss is pretty much their season.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Lol. Hell will freeze before Marner signs an offer sheet.
Let him sign an offer sheet! 4 consecutive first round draft picks!
Only an idiot GM running his team very, very badly would give up 4 first round picks: you can’t find gold like that on the street!
Imagine if Edmonton offer sheeted him - that could be 4 consecutive 1st overall picks! The 1970’s Montreal Canadiens were built taking advantage of suck tricks!

4 first rounders with advanced analytics and professional scouting? Plan the parade the Leafs cannot be beat

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
B's fans want Pasta moved off the top line so he can avoid JT's line and Muzz; they think the Matthews and Nylander lines can be exposed, so our guys need to bear down as I can't see Cassidy sticking with the status quo if we're up or the game is tied late on Wednesday; Game 4 is pretty much their season.
Thats where Rielly and hainsey come in. D matches are much more important. Its muzzin/zaitsev vs bergeron/marchand/pastrnak.

If they bump him off the I would match rielly and hainsey against him.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Leafs need to win game #4 to gain the upper hand and to end this win one lose one pattern. Otherwise its a best of three and the Bruins will take game #7 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->