Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1 - PGDT (NOT for other series' discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Really hope the Leafs don't take their foot of the gas for the game tomorrow. Game 1 & 3 they really showed they are a playoff team and can play with the best of them, something I haven't seen from the team in a while. They need to remember not to get complacent. That Bruins team is very good and very experienced. If they can pull out another win tomorrow, the Leafs will be in great shape going forward.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Found this, I might try it

How To Watch Leafs Games While Listening To The Joe Bowen Jim Ralph Tandem

renderTimingPixel.png

I see this question asked constantly so thought I'd put my the workaround that's worked for me in it's own post for y'all to see.It's a bit hands on, but once you get the process down, it's no more difficult that setting your DVR really.
The great thing is, the sounds of the rink are heightened on radio, so you hear every crisp pass, every hit, every sharp cut into the ice. This, combined with getting to listen to the best voice in hockey makes it a no brainier for me.
I'll include the steps below, but here's an overview. We want to play radio audio, with tv video. Unfortunately TVs don't offer this option. So we need two separate devices to play the audio and video separately. Unfortunately, the radio broadcast is sent over the air, while the television is sent through cable, so, along with the normal live tv production lag, this results in the radio feed being sent to you earlier than the TV feed. We can't pause live radio, so what can we do? Fortunately, internet radio is delayed sufficiently, due to the rerouting/processing/medium technical mumbo jumbo, that it falls behind the TV stream. And since we can pause live TV, we're in luck!
Required Items: A TV you can pause, or equivalent streaming service. A separate mobile device with internet connection. Beer (optional).
Step 1) Download a radio app on your mobile device that will play TSN 1050 and Sportsnet 590. I haven't found one that has both, so I use two: iHeart Radio (1050), and RadioPlayer Canada (590).
Step 2) Load up the Radio App before puck drop.
Step 3) Turn on the game on the TV. Keep the TV volume up, and the Radio App muted.
Step 4) Watch the start of the game, and listen for the first whistle indicating stoppage of play. Hit pause on the TV immediately.
Step 5) Unmute the Radio App. Listen to Bowen call the start of the game. Hit play on the TV the moment you hear the first whistle.
Step 6) You're all synced up! Mute the TV feed and crack open a cold one.
Notes: You may have to fiddle with the TV remote if it's not perfectly synced, like hitting pauseplay real fast, or fast forwarding just a smidge during commercials. You will get more adept the more times you use the process. Usually it syncs perfectly the first time for me now.
I am not affiliated in any way with these apps, radio stations, or sports teams.

Much rather listen to Bowen than Hughson

Reactions: Cor

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Found this, I might try it

Much rather listen to Bowen than Hughson

This sounds like so much work, but, when you listen to how unbearable Hughson and Simpson are, you realize the work is worth it. Lol.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Really hope the Leafs don't take their foot of the gas for the game tomorrow. Game 1 & 3 they really showed they are a playoff team and can play with the best of them, something I haven't seen from the team in a while. They need to remember not to get complacent. That Bruins team is very good and very experienced. If they can pull out another win tomorrow, the Leafs will be in great shape going forward.

I think you have to make adjustments after every game win or lose. The other team will, and if you won't, they will get ya. They will find a way to exploit your weaknesses.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Normally we never hear the end of the stats of players who do well against us. Would be nice for them to show how badly Mitch Marner owns the Bruins.

20 career games (regular + playoffs), 30 points.
They have resorted to dreams of offer sheeting him on the Bruins board at this point lol

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
If you reversed the outcome of both games, it would feel a lot better.
Games 2 and 4 are always the key to a 7 game series.

Did you get this from wegotthis.com? If so you may want to read the disclaimer at the bottom which invalidated their claim that it works for NHL and NBA. It assumes a 2-3-2 format not a 2-2-1-1-1 format like the NHL uses.

Reactions: zaqq

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Did you get this from wegotthis.com? If so you may want to read the disclaimer at the bottom which invalidated their claim that it works for NHL and NBA. It assumes a 2-3-2 format not a 2-2-1-1-1 format like the NHL uses.
Nope, my thoughts are my own.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

And the other post above shows too with him leading the practice... they all respect him for it. Yes it got out of hand... yes what he did wasn't the best option... but your damn right his team mates appreciate it. If anything I think this gives them a lot of motivation now... the cup should be enough obviously... but specifically in this series ... they're doing what you have to do to win it all.. back each other up through hell and back.

f*** Boston and Debrusk ... let's put these f***ers from Boston on the golf course.

Last edited:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Freddy is out-playing Rask by a good margin, and it’s showing in the results. The Tavares/Marner line has contained the Bruins’ top line, and we’re getting scoring from our depth. Our 4th line has really stepped up their game, and given us great shifts.

It’s playing out the way we said it would if we were to win this series. Let’s hope the boys just keep it up.

Reactions: zaqq

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Normally we never hear the end of the stats of players who do well against us. Would be nice for them to show how badly Mitch Marner owns the Bruins.

20 career games (regular + playoffs), 30 points.

Hughson was driving me crazy last night trying to foreshadow a goal by the Bergeron line. I usually don't get too bent out of shape over commentators, but that was friggin ridiculous.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
so willy is on Marleau's left wing at practice

willy

is finally

on his natural wing

but man i cannot trust marleau at centre

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think if we win this series, the only team that we are not as good as is Washington. Assuming Columbus finishes the deal. It's exciting, to be honest. Wide open.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
so willy is on Marleau's left wing at practice

willy

is finally

on his natural wing

but man i cannot trust marleau at centre

Marleau is struggling like crazy now, I can't see how putting him at center is going to help any

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
The last time we lead a series 2-1:

Yeah but that was a team that just finished last overall the year before. That was a team loaded with rookies. That was a team that did not have a perfect 38-0-1 record of winning when leading after 2 periods. Saying all that, I do understand that anything can happen, I still believe that out of all the teams ever to be able to come back from a 3-0 deficit in games, the Bolts are that team.

Reactions: Duffman955
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->