Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Not Trading Kapanen, especially not for Tanev

Brown, Nielson & 1st (offer hasnt changed, and neither has Tanev's injury history)

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
To Toronto: Tanev

To Vancouver: 2018 1st, Kapanen, 2019 4th/change it for any non Liljegren prospect if you feel it isn't enough.

Fair?
Is Tanev going into the Hall before even retiring? He must be if he's so good he's worth that. I mean if only San Jose knew they could have had Tanevinstead of Karlsson if only they had coughed up a bit more. They must be devastated to miss out.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Is Tanev going into the Hall before even retiring? He must be if he's so good he's worth that. I mean if only San Jose knew they could have had Tanevinstead of Karlsson if only they had coughed up a bit more. They must be devastated to miss out.

the post you are replying to is from April when Toronto got ragdolled by Boston

Mar 26, 2010
What help is Chris Tanev when he gets hurt every third game. Hard pass
Tanev is awful. As mediocre as Toronto's D is (excluding Rielly)... I do not want that plug Tanev anywhere near Toronto. I would not trade a 1st, or anything remotely close.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Tanev is not reliable at all. We don't want to pay the stupid asking price for him.

No deal.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Tanev is not reliable at all. We don't want to pay the stupid asking price for him.

No deal.
You guys clearly don't watch games outside of Toronto. I know it's hard to believe, but there's more to a game than goals and assists.

Crazy! I know.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
You guys clearly don't watch games outside of Toronto. I know it's hard to believe, but there's more to a game than goals and assists.

Crazy! I know.

Yeah, and Tanev is injured for way to many games. We are looking to make a cup run, we can't be relying on a defenseman who will miss 20+ games and not hold up in the playoffs.

Extremely hard pass.

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
Tanev has the 6th highest GAR amongst dmen - in 15-16 he was #2. Tanev was ranked 31st for Corsi against league wide - this is despite having tough matchups and playing on a garbage team. He is easily a top 5 defensive defenseman in the NHL.

Why on earth would Vancouver want Kapanen ? He is lighting it up because he is on the top line and the team is scoring like crazy. Prior to this year he had .18 points per game - Virtanen at .24 points per game Goldobin at .33. Does he even crack the lineup?

Tanev goes to Toronto, plays on their top pair, and then we hear about how great he is from Toronto media and how stupid the Canucks were to trade him. Ef that I would rather we take less from the Dallas Stars.

We would be a worse team even with a Tanev for Nylander trade. I’d do it based on age and where the Canucks are at but this D is an absolute wreck without him.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Kapanen is probably one of the most overrated players around here. Was bordering on being a bust as a Penguin but now that he is a Leaf.... f***ing Superstar baby!

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
As a leafs fan Tanev is beauty and exactly what we need. But his injury history is such a concern that it holds me from making a legit offer.

Also any leafs fan saying Tanev is a bum needs to take hike. You're clearly not watching hockey. We have a mini rivalry with nucks and play them a few times a year so you should get a good look at him. If that wasn't enough both Tanev and Rielly were on the top pair at the WC a few years back where they were amazing together. Give your heads a shake.

Reactions: canucklehead44

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Kapanen is probably one of the most overrated players around here. Was bordering on being a bust as a Penguin but now that he is a Leaf.... ****ing Superstar baby!

Kapanen was traded to Toronto at the age of 19. If you're considering a late 1st round pick a bust in his +1 draft where he put up solid numbers in Finland before jumping overseas and going PPG in his second season of the AHL, you know nothing about player development.

But then again, I've learned to embrace the hate.

So continue.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Kapanen is probably one of the most overrated players around here. Was bordering on being a bust as a Penguin but now that he is a Leaf.... ****ing Superstar baby!
Not exactly true, on the pens he was a great prospect but nothing blue chip, if anything coming to toronto he plateaued a bit since he had a good but not great first ahl season. Then his stock rose with an amazing ahl season and decent nhl stint. His stock rose a bit again last year with another solid ahl season and good nhl stint.

He was always getting 4th line minutes in the nhl except the past 5 games where he is killing it with matthews on the top line. His stock is at an all time high but it wasnt always like that.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Conditional first round pick for Tanev, drops a round every 10 games he missed in the season due to injury.

Conditional second rounder if he plays more than 10 games in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad