Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The Kings are down 3-0 even wth Doughty playing. (he missed one game). So how can any knowledgable hockey fan think Tanev, is be the cure all for the Leafs. Would having Tanev playing the first two games in Boston secured a Leaf victory? Is any one player that much of difference player? Especially Tanev for what he brings even when he can play.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The Kings are down 3-0 even wth Doughty playing. (he missed one game). So how can any knowledgable hockey fan think Tanev, is be the cure all for the Leafs. Would having Tanev playing the first two games in Boston secured a Leaf victory? Is any one player that much of difference player? Especially Tanev for what he brings even when he can play.

You are making a BOLD statement there, friend. :sarcasm:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
You are making a BOLD statement there, friend. :laugh:

It seems to be that so many folks (I think they just want to get recognition of making a trade) think that any RHD that the Leafs acquire is going to guarantee the Leafs a Cup. Yep, Tanev is going to do that. Of Doughty, whose team is down 3-0 in their series. Or the last trade on this site....Seabrook. As if the Leafs couldn't spend 6.8m better than Seabrook.
Thinking of asking the moderator to ban all RHD trades to the Leafs. Of course that would cut the trade proposals on this site by about 40%.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
It seems to be that so many folks (I think they just want to get recognition of making a trade) think that any RHD that the Leafs acquire is going to guarantee the Leafs a Cup. Yep, Tanev is going to do that. Of Doughty, whose team is down 3-0 in their series. Or the last trade on this sight....Seabrook. As if the Leafs couldn't spend 6.8m better than Seabrook.
Thinking of asking the moderator to ban all RHD trades to the Leafs. Of course that would cut the trade proposals on this site by about 40%.
My comment was actually about suggesting that Tanev would be available to play the first two games of a playoff series. It would be an absolute coin-flip at best :laugh:

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
We hope he can, we know tanev cant considering he wouldnt be playing.

I'll offer to the Nucks a Conditional first round pick that drops a round for every 10 games he misses over the season. If he plays 80 games its 2 firsts. plays at least 10 playoff games add a second.

potentially 2 firsts and a second.

how trusting are you in his health, really?
2, 1sts and a 2nd for Tanev? Chris Tanev?

Reactions: Brock Radunske

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
You don't need to be a clairvoyant to predict that outcome...:laugh:

When has Tanev only been able to play 20 games before being put on the IR?

And he's saying it like it factually will happen... Hence lottery numbers.

Like I said, reduced minutes/playing in the east on a more offensive team that doesn't get constantly hemmed in its own zone = less chance of injury.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
When has Tanev only been able to play 20 games before being put on the IR?

And he's saying it like it factually will happen... Hence lottery numbers.

Like I said, reduced minutes/playing in the east on a more offensive team that doesn't get constantly hemmed in its own zone = less chance of injury.

First, I said probably.

Second, it's like predicting the weather. If there are grey clouds outside, its probably gonna rain. :dunno:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
My comment was actually about suggesting that Tanev would be available to play the first two games of a playoff series. It would be an absolute coin-flip at best :laugh:

Good afternoon to the very reasonable Brock.
Gee, I got into the discussion today about Doughty being traded the Leafs. It seems like it almost heresy to say "NO" any trade to the Leafs Doughty since it would cost so much for a one year rental.
Glad I was on the internet instead of a public square cause I might have been lynched. 1, First by non Leaf fans for even suggesting that Doughty by himself isn't going to lead the Leafs to the Cup. 2. By Leafs fans for even suggesting that Doughty by himself isn't going to lead the Leafs to the Cup.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Jesus Christ, what in the flying **** are you talking about? Who said anything about being on a better team? I know I didn't you straw man dummy. Get your **** together, your hurt number 2 or 3 dman isn't worth what you want. Keep him, we don't need him.

Here's an offer, 2 firsts from Toronto for tanev. Every time he gets hurt for 10+ games, you send your own first rounder back. That should keep you in the basement for a while, unless you really think it's just how unlucky he is.

But seriously, we all know mcdavid is better than Matthews, don't bring your dumb ****ing arguments about nothing into this just because your panties are in a bunch. You look like an idiot, and I'm sure that you're not.
Do you not read what you type? When I asked in what world hamonic’s perceived value was higher than Tanev your response was it’s because hamonic is the top shutdown guy on a bubble team who is stronger, meaner, and healthier.

That reads as well he was the top shutdown guy on a better team plus he’s stronger, meaner and healthier does it not? So yes you did say it’s because he was on a better team

Now in terms of an offer. I actually somewhat like your 2nd offer not quoted here. I would revise it to be your first and 2nd this year and a condition on the next year. the condition on next years pick being 70+ games is a 1st, 60-69 is a 2nd, 50-59 is a 3rd and anything below 50 is nothing.

Last edited:

Cquant

May 14, 2015

Because the King's problem is that they can't score on Fleury.
And the Leaf's problem is that they keep getting scored on.

Tanev is not the cure-it-all for the Leafs. But Tanev playing in the firs two games against Boston would definitely have made a difference. Take Doughty out of LA and they might not even get into the playoffs. They certainly would have let in far more goals.

You're also picking out a guy who didn't play his best stretch of hockey against a team that will clearly strongly challenge every other team for the cup. You don't have to think the same for Tanev. But the unanimous opinion of Nucks fans is that when Tanev plays, it makes a difference. He is not just a good player, he sometimes has a similar effect to a morale booster. Guys know that when Tanev is guarding the fort, they have a tiny bit more leeway. Tanev also had chemistry with Rielly, maybe more so than he has had with any player on the Canucks this season, although the sample size is very small. You'd be banking on that, and on your superstar coaches, who might be able to reduce Tanev's injury time, because clearly there is something really really weird happening in Vancouver. It's not just Tanev.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Good afternoon to the very reasonable Brock.
Gee, I got into the discussion today about Doughty being traded the Leafs. It seems like it almost heresy to say "NO" any trade to the Leafs Doughty since it would cost so much for a one year rental.
Glad I was on the internet instead of a public square cause I might have been lynched. 1, First by non Leaf fans for even suggesting that Doughty by himself isn't going to lead the Leafs to the Cup. 2. By Leafs fans for even suggesting that Doughty by himself isn't going to lead the Leafs to the Cup.
Keep fighting the good fight, brother! :laugh:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
2, 1sts and a 2nd for Tanev? Chris Tanev?

It would be 1 1st and a conditional 1st both would be late first rounders and a late 2nd. Adam Larsson got Taylor Hall. I know that's not the set price but not all 1st round picks are worth the same. A 1st and 2nd plus a conditional 1st isn't highway robbery for a top pairing dman.

Reactions: zcaptain

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
It would be 1 1st and a conditional 1st both would be late first rounders and a late 2nd. Adam Larsson got Taylor Hall. I know that's not the set price but not all 1st round picks are worth the same. A 1st and 2nd plus a conditional 1st isn't highway robbery for a top pairing dman.

You’re right, it’s not for a top pairing Dman. Unfortunately Tanev is not a top pairing dman. On a good team that can contend, he’s at best a #4.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
You’re right, it’s not for a top pairing Dman. Unfortunately Tanev is not a top pairing dman. On a good team that can contend, he’s at best a #4.

He's a top pairing dman. The only thing that you can make against him is he's injury prone. When he's healthy he's an impact player.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
He's a top pairing dman. The only thing that you can make against him is he's injury prone. When he's healthy he's an impact player.

He’s a middle pairing dman, he is not a top pairing guy. If you’re trying to contend, with him on the 1st pair, you are in trouble.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I'm disgusted with my team after tonight and I still want nothing to do with Tanev. If he could stay healthy he'd be great. But, there is no chance in f*** I would trade anything for someone who can't stay healthy. You can't prevent goals against if you're in the press box covered in band aids. The playoffs are a physical time, he's not going to be able to avoid getting pounded and he's injury prone. Preferably they'd get someone who has a bit of nasty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad