Proposal: Toronto Vancity Trade

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Tanev and JVR as a base, I'm okay with.

Kapanen is JVR's replacement and we're not trading 1st rounders.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I don't like Kapanen.

2018 1st round pick could be anywhere for all we know, doesn't matter if '18 is perceived as the better draft year. what's the 5th rounder doing there?

You are consistently wrong about everything, I admire you in some ways Bure to Moginly. You are unique and very special indeed.

Whyd u respond seriously after your previous post? lol

Anyways its a gamble for both teams to make that trade cause yeah we DONT know where the pick will be

And i added the 5th cause benning for some strange reason has a great track record in the 5th round lol

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Fans of both teams are being extremely unreasonable.

Kapanen + 1st is a good base.

Tanev is worth giving up a good 1st round pick for.

This is a reasonable trade.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Agree with all of this.

I'd like Tanev on the Leafs, but I'm not willing to trade basically all our best assets for him.

It doesn't make sense for Vancouver though. They have no use for JVR. If the leafs want a dman like Tanev, they need to give up a lottery 1st round pick. I'm completely ok with that. Tanev is only 26.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It doesn't make sense for Vancouver though. They have no use for JVR. If the leafs want a dman like Tanev, they need to give up a lottery 1st round pick. I'm completely ok with that. Tanev is only 26.

I'm completely aware it doesn't make sense for Vanouver.

I'm also not sold on the fact Tanev is worth JVR + Kapanen + 1st.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
I'm completely aware it doesn't make sense for Vanouver.

I'm also not sold on the fact Tanev is worth JVR + Kapanen + 1st.

Thought OPs trade was Kapanen and a 1st. Which is a high price but worth it for Tanev. Adding JVR is a massive overpay, I agree.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Tanev to Leafs threads are always fun.

He's a guy I'd love to target, not sure what I'd be willing to give up, not sure what Vancouver would need to have in return, I'll let Lou sort it all out.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Oh great..

0m3GW.gif

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
What about Andersen, Kapanen and Rychel for Tanev?

I know it's less than what the OP offered but...

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
What Kapanen is doing at his age, in only the first year of his ELC is very impressive. He's quickly playing his way into the unlikely to be moved category. When JVR is moved insert Kasperi Kapanen to the Leafs top-6.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Leafs shouldn't trade their first without protection. We should be doing just fine in the 2018 standings but given the luck, or lack thereof of, we can't deal that pick without knowing where it is in the draft before hand.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I don't like Kapanen.

2018 1st round pick could be anywhere for all we know, doesn't matter if '18 is perceived as the better draft year. what's the 5th rounder doing there?

You are consistently wrong about everything, I admire you in some ways Bure to Moginly. You are unique and very special indeed.

You don't like Kapanen? Why? He's been excellent and would immediately be one of the Canucks best prospects. Great skater who can score. I'd hate to have that guy on my team.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Fans of both teams are being extremely unreasonable.

Kapanen + 1st is a good base.
[Tanev] is worth giving up a good 1st round pick for.

This is a reasonable trade.

not all 1st round picks are equal, if the 1st is 20th to 30th, ok.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Tanev and JVR as a base, I'm okay with.

Kapanen is JVR's replacement and we're not trading 1st rounders.

Vancouver is rebuilding, yet takes a 27 year old winger who will be out of his prime by the time they're competitive again. And to top it all off, JVR is only signed to two years. What a useless trade that would be. :laugh:

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Gimme one reason why Vancouver, a bottom-3 team with Markström, UFA-to-be-Miller and Demko would need a godd*mn Andersen?

Just making the point that Van fans would think it's laughable that Tanev be degraded with a package that landed Kessel with retention because clearly Tanev >> Kessel. Both Hall of Famers.

Why would a bottom three team with ownership not interested in rebuilding want a young affordable starting goaltender who very well one day be a Vezina candidate? I mean they have Miller for the rest of the whole year and he can't be traded.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Andersen? Why are we targeting a D by trading our starting goalie? This one is weird.

Pretend instead of Andersen it's a conditional 1st round pick that turns into a 18 1st if the Leafs miss the playoffs then a 19 2nd round pick if the Leafs miss the playoffs again next year.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Pretend instead of Andersen it's a conditional 1st round pick that turns into a 18 1st if the Leafs miss the playoffs then a 19 2nd round pick if the Leafs miss the playoffs again next year.

That's a condition Van wouldn't do. Top 5 protected? Maybe...but playoff protected? No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->