News Article: Toronto transit workers reject Canadiens-coloured uniforms

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Exactly...if you are being paid, just wear your uniform...:shakehead

Especially if you work for the TTC. You are getting paaaaiiiiiddd...

I don't know anyone personally that works for the TTC but in the media they just come off as a bunch of self-entitled spoiled brats. There have been many instances where ticket clerks fall asleep, one bus driver stopped his bus and went into a Tim Hortons in the middle of his route, leaving all the passengers on the bus waiting. With their union being so strong, some drivers and mechanics can easily make well into the 6-figures with overtime. Likely the same for the STCUM.

Now they do put up with a lot of **** at times, I'd hate to be the driver on the last 3am bus along Bloor. A lot of busses have protective glass now it's got so bad.

Just my 2 cents.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Especially if you work for the TTC. You are getting paaaaiiiiiddd...

I don't know anyone personally that works for the TTC but in the media they just come off as a bunch of self-entitled spoiled brats. There have been many instances where ticket clerks fall asleep, one bus driver stopped his bus and went into a Tim Hortons in the middle of his route, leaving all the passengers on the bus waiting. With their union being so strong, some drivers and mechanics can easily make well into the 6-figures with overtime. Likely the same for the STCUM.

Now they do put up with a lot of **** at times, I'd hate to be the driver on the last 3am bus along Bloor. A lot of busses have protective glass now it's got so bad.

Just my 2 cents.

Is that not allowed? STM drivers do that all the time, I just figured it was one of the stupid ****ing perks they gave their drivers.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I don't understand why the colors are RED & BLUE

TTC's colors are just red, white and black

images

ttc1314812510.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Is that not allowed? STM drivers do that all the time, I just figured it was one of the stupid ****ing perks they gave their drivers.

For real. There were numerous instances where in morning rush hour the Boulevard bus driver just stops at the Esso to pick up his donuts and coffee while everyone gets late for work/school esp if you are the type to do everything last minute (which I am guilty of). And it wouldn't be so bad if the buses were on time but they almost never are. Either late or couple mins too early because he drives slow so he feels he has to compensate somehow.

I got into so much trouble because of that.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
What's the big deal, the Leafs jersey already looks like the Quebec flag (colour)

Yeah, but the Leafs had those colours well before the present Quebec provincial flag came into existence. It's more like the Quebec flag looks like Toronto Maple Leaf uniforms. What was Duplessis thinking when he came up with the flag?

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, but the Leafs had those colours well before the present Quebec provincial flag came into existence. It's more like the Quebec flag looks like Toronto Maple Leaf uniforms. What was Duplessis thinking when he came up with the flag?

He should have kept it blue and gold like the original Carrion one. Looked way better.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
To be fair, if the STM proposed the same kind of uniform but with a color scheme of blue and white or black and yellow, we'd probably be reacting in the same manner. It IS silly but I can't really blame them.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
To be fair, if the STM proposed the same kind of uniform but with a color scheme of blue and white or black and yellow, we'd probably be reacting in the same manner. It IS silly but I can't really blame them.

uniforms are already blue, so it would be only adding white... and the STM colors ARE blue and white.

IceHockeyfan

Feb 18, 2012
He should have kept it blue and gold like the original Carrion one. Looked way better.

Please tell me you're not serious. The Quebec flag is one of the most beautiful in the world. Blue-white is a more beautiful combo than blue-gold. That is why the flag is in those colours and why the STM uniforms are too. I don't care if those colours are associated with the Maple Leafs. Duplessis and whoever designed the STM uniforms obviously didn't care. I don't even consider the Leafs as a rival.

I wouldn't care either if the STM uniforms were done in black-gold. It's another beautiful colour scheme.

Those Toronto workers need to get a life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad