Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Seattle - Sunday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
West Coast trip begins.

Looks like Marner is tasked with getting Matthews going now.

Keefe continues to throw shit at the wall, establishing no team identity. This is why they play down to the level of their opponent, as Keefe has no control of a game plan.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Keefe continues to throw shit at the wall, establishing no team identity. This is why they play down to the level of their opponent, as Keefe has no control of a game plan.

This is a weird take based off of practice lines

I imagine Keefe is wanting to try to get Matthews' going and he can also test the chemistry with Nylander and ROR.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
O’Rielly and Nylander’s games feel like they’d be a good fit together, if they have chemistry I’d start thinking about running that pair on it’s own to stretch the offense. You could feed them defensive minutes with O’Rielly’s face offs feeding Nylander’s transition game and both of them being puck hounds offensively. Just have to hope that a Knies-Tavares-Jarnkrok or something similar line can do damage against 3rd pairings.

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Jarnkrok/Engvall-O’Rielly-Nylander
Knies-Tavares-Engvall/Jarnkrok
Kampf-Acciari-Kerfoot

See if you can upgrade on Engvall/ZAR/Kerfoot by the deadline or use their cap space on D and call McMann/Holmberg back up for 4th line duties.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Or perhaps they stagnate, and need to be put in a blender to re-invigorate them.
There are many potential criticisms of Keefe, but blaming him for Matthews lack of offense doesn't seem fair.
Matthews should make any of our top six work.

Reactions: Jojalu

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Keefe BayStBullies continues to throw shit at the wall, establishing no team identity. This is why they play down to the level of their opponent, as Keefe has no control of a game plan.
Fixed it for you…..

Moving Marner up to try to get Matthews going, while putting a hot Nylander who’s been carrying a cold Bunting and Matthews line just makes sense.

……. And this coming from me, one of the few who likes keeping Marner and Matthews separated.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I always thought if you travel 3 time zones, you get an extra day off. Surprised with the quick turnaround for this one.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A meaningful forward change isn't surprising when the team could only generate one GF during regulation time.

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
Now is the time to try some options out every game in the playoffs is a chess move. Best to try and get each player going and try out different combos see what works. I think keefes (and dubas) main focus should be the third line they have zero identity and prove to be pretty ineffective

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Can’t believe it is almost March and the Leafs will be in town(Vancouver) next Friday

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Matthews is having an off year.

When they switched Mitch and Willy in December Matthews' play picked up, but has failed off again. Maybe switching them again will help.

Or maybe all the talk here about the ROR line being #1 has confused Keefe and he's putting Willy back on the top line where he belongs. :sarcasm:

(Before too many people go ape-shit, the second paragraph is not meant to be taken seriously!)

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Bobby M with another goal
Sometimes , what you’re looking for is right in your midst…….
I get that when you bring up some young talent , you start them off on the 4th and move them up accordingly, but sometimes, just sometimes, you take a chance , call it a gut feeling , with stats to back you , a bold move perhaps, try the young strapping goal scoring lad on the 2nd ?
Maybe even withJT on the 3rd ????
Give him a real chance to succeed at what seems to be a natural gift for scoring .
So what about his non draft of his advanced age , so what , give him a chance …
GLG

Go Bunts AM WN
Go Knies ROR MM
Go Bobby M JT Cock
Go Steeves Accarri Accarri 2

See ya
Sorry Kampf love ya but see ya

Future looks good

Last edited:
Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I watched the Seattle Boston game this past week. If Toronto comes out sleepy, we are going to get our asses handed to us. While Seattle has no one the skill level of our top 4, they play with pace, a very quick pace, and do not let you have time or space to make decisions. When they have the puck they move it quickly. They challenge you every time you have the puck and don't give you time to challenge them.

That Beniers kid, is really really good, living on the East coast we don't get to see him play much but he is IMO one of the top young stars in the league.

Fortunately for us we didn't protect McCann, a big goal scoring LW who has 26 goals in 55 games this year. Who needs a top 6 LWer who can score? :)

salamicartier

Jul 22, 2018
The Kraken beat the Maple Leafs at SBA pretty handedly awhile back.

Not a huge fan of having to travel to the west coast and play with just one off day between games. Seattle last played at home on Thursday I believe.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Bobby M with another goal
Sometimes , what you’re looking for is right in your midst…….
I get that when you bring up sone young talent , you start them off on the 4th and move them up accordingly, but sometimes, just sometimes, you take a chance , call it a gut feeling , with stats to back you , a bold move perhaps, try the young strapping goal scoring lad on the 2nd ?
Maybe even with O on the 3rd ????
Give him a real chance to succeed at what seems to be a natural gift for scoring .
Do what about his non draft of his advanced age , so what , give him a chance …
GLG

Go Bunts AM WN
Go Knies ROR MM
Go Bobby M JT Cock
Go Steeves Accarri Accarri 2

See ya
Sorry Kampf love ya but see ya

Future looks good
Teeder, you and I are on the same page with those lines. Best centre depth going into the playoffs, each line having the potential to cause damage, a fourth line with a distinct identity, a blend of youth and experience, of skill size and grit. Well done my friend.

Reactions: Teeder Keon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad