NBA Toronto Raptors thread

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
"How I covered my ass when DeMar made my last post look stupid"
- a Stylizer1 Joint
Made that statement at the beginning of the game When the Raps were down by 1.

The raps played good and so did derozan. If this was the Playoffs there is no way GS lets up. 82 in the first half was just for show.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Gotta say this a really really good team. Destroying Cleveland and taking the Dubs to the wire in back to back games is mighty impressive.
The question is can they turn it up in the playoffs? I think if GS really pushed themselves the could probably beat their 73-9 record but would they have enough to still win the championship?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Made that statement at the beginning of the game When the Raps were down by 1.

The raps played good and so did derozan. If this was the Playoffs there is no way GS lets up. 82 in the first half was just for show.
Oh okay, so they just let them back in the game to save energy. Smart.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Oh okay, so they just let them back in the game to save energy. Smart.
GS played the night before. GS didn't look so dominant in the 2nd half which is most likely do to some fatigue. This happens in hockey on back to backs too. Toronto deserves all the credit for making a game of it but lets be honest, allowing 82 points in the first half doesn't scream they are in control. It's not what Toronto did it's what GS didn't do to let them back into the game.

Last edited:

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
GS played the night before. GS didn't look so dominant in the 2nd half which is most likely do to some fatigue. This happens in hockey on back to backs too. Toronto deserves all the credit for making a game of it but lets be honest, allowing 82 points in the first half doesn't scream they are in control. It's not what Toronto did it's what GS didn't do to let them back into the game.

Raps also beat Cavs by 34 without Lowrie or Ibaka. So give them credit. This week is proof they are an elite team. People also say Derozan can't play good against great teams. Constantly double teamed against the Cavs so dishes out 8 assists (without playing the fourth). Ibaka comes back which opens up space a bit for him and he puts up 42. This teams legit.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Raps also beat Cavs by 34 without Lowrie or Ibaka. So give them credit. This week is proof they are an elite team. People also say Derozan can't play good against great teams. Constantly double teamed against the Cavs so dishes out 8 assists (without playing the fourth). Ibaka comes back which opens up space a bit for him and he puts up 42. This teams legit.
1 off games can go either way most of the time. In a 7 game series team set up game plans. This is what has happened to Toronto over the last 3 seasons. They were unable to adjust to what the other team did. Toronto has an improved roster but is Lowry and DeRozan ability to raise there game in the playoffs changed? We will wait and see. Catching teams on off nights during the regular season happens all the time. you can't say that a blowout wins means more than that. With Cleveland looking like they are not a good as last season this should be Toronto's year to make the finals.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
1 off games can go either way most of the time. In a 7 game series team set up game plans. This is what has happened to Toronto over the last 3 seasons. They were unable to adjust to what the other team did. Toronto has an improved roster but is Lowry and DeRozan ability to raise there game in the playoffs changed? We will wait and see. Catching teams on off nights during the regular season happens all the time. you can't say that a blowout wins means more than that. With Cleveland looking like they are not a good as last season this should be Toronto's year to make the finals.

Of course but same against GS. Raps had an off night (first half at least). But that's what I mean, you refuse to give them credit. "They caught them on an off night". They catch a lot of teams on off nights this year.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Of course but same against GS. Raps had an off night (first half at least). But that's what I mean, you refuse to give them credit. "They caught them on an off night". They catch a lot of teams on off nights this year.
I give them credit for playing well. You can't deny it. I just don't think every time they do it's a clear indication that they are on the same tier as GS or Cleveland. Cleveland has destroyed them in the playoffs with ease regardless of how good they have done in the regular season. On pace for about 55 wins, that's a good team. Being on pace for 65 wins makes them a great team. If they can get favorable match ups in the playoffs and remain healthy they just might be able to make the finals. I don't think they have a hope in hell in beating GS if they both make the finals.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I give them credit for playing well. You can't deny it. I just don't think every time they do it's a clear indication that they are on the same tier as GS or Cleveland. Cleveland has destroyed them in the playoffs with ease regardless of how good they have done in the regular season. On pace for about 55 wins, that's a good team. Being on pace for 65 wins makes them a great team. If they can get favorable match ups in the playoffs and remain healthy they just might be able to make the finals. I don't think they have a hope in hell in beating GS if they both make the finals.

Cleveland I would say they are. Currently ahead in the standings and Cavs aren't as good while Raps are better than past years.

Really, how many teams have much hope against them though? I'm just pointing out Raps are a really good team and might even win the East. I actually really like GS. Raps are just closer than years past due to the depth. People have ripped on Derozan for not performing against top teams, even in the regular season. He's performed much better this year, esp his outside shooting.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Cleveland I would say they are. Currently ahead in the standings and Cavs aren't as good while Raps are better than past years.

Really, how many teams have much hope against them though? I'm just pointing out Raps are a really good team and might even win the East. I actually really like GS. Raps are just closer than years past due to the depth. People have ripped on Derozan for not performing against top teams, even in the regular season. He's performed much better this year, esp his outside shooting.
Look at the game today. At no point did the Raps show they could beat a .500 team. DeRozan has to be more than just a scorer for the team to be better. No player is averaging a double double. Derozan has to be that guy because it means he is every where on the floor.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Look at the game today. At no point did the Raps show they could beat a .500 team. DeRozan has to be more than just a scorer for the team to be better. No player is averaging a double double. Derozan has to be that guy because it means he is every where on the floor.
They probably weren't trying though. You know, just like the good teams when the Raptors beat them or play them to a close game.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He was using your excuses. So we caught Cavs on a bad day but if it happens to Raps, they just arent good.
The Cavs have been inconsistent this season, GS have not. When the best team drops 82 in the first half with ease and coasts through the second half and hangs on to win is a matter of doing just enough to win. If Toronto plays hard they can beat most teams any night. If GS plays hard they beat everybody and do it in record fashion..

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
The Cavs have been inconsistent this season, GS have not. When the best team drops 82 in the first half with ease and coasts through the second half and hangs on to win is a matter of doing just enough to win. If Toronto plays hard they can beat most teams any night. If GS plays hard they beat everybody and do it in record fashion..
That's why they're the best team in the league. Still can't believe GS nearly choked that game though. Nice to see you change your arguement every post.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That's why they're the best team in the league. Still can't believe GS nearly choked that game though. Nice to see you change your arguement every post.
Where have I ever said Toronto's a bad team? I said I don't think DeRozan is a superstar, all star, yes. You guys put him on a pedestal and I disagree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->