NBA Toronto Raptors thread

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I like basketball. I understand basketball. But gee, I don't understand the officiating in the NBA. No one seems to know what a foul is. And it appears to that the stars often get so many favourable calls. Why? And it appears that the home team always get favoured, I suppose to keep the home team fans to keep buying tickets.
Seems like the refs are hired from the WWE. They read a script, and just follow it.

NBA officiating is very poor. A guy like Lebron will get the call more often than anyone. It's the most frustrating part about watching the NBA.

Last edited:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Ah yes, let's reverse the changes that made NBA explode in popularity. Wouldn't expect anything else from hockey fans.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Ah yes, let's reverse the changes that made NBA explode in popularity. Wouldn't expect anything else from hockey fans.
The league exploded in the 90's. Ratings have never been as high. But I am just a hockey fan. One could argue those changes had a negative impact

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
tumblr_niunio1vrL1s4hjb0o1_500.gif

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Derozan has improved his game every year, I don’t know what some of you expect out of him I mean he’s never going to be LBJ or Durant. He’s probably the most under-appreciated superstar in the game today. Sure his playoff numbers should be higher but I expect him to be much more dominant this year with how Casey has changed the way they play

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Derozan has improved his game every year, I don’t know what some of you expect out of him I mean he’s never going to be LBJ or Durant. He’s probably the most under-appreciated superstar in the game today. Sure his playoff numbers should be higher but I expect him to be much more dominant this year with how Casey has changed the way they play

I agree with you. It's kinda of the same silly argument when so called knowledgable fans criticize Reilly of the Leafs for not being a "true # 1'. All Reilly can do is be the best he can be.
We have seen lots of players get a little soft after reaching a certain age or getting the big contract. Derozan has just worked to get better every year.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I agree with you. It's kinda of the same silly argument when so called knowledgable fans criticize Reilly of the Leafs for not being a "true # 1'. All Reilly can do is be the best he can be.
We have seen lots of players get a little soft after reaching a certain age or getting the big contract. Derozan has just worked to get better every year.

He’s already good a drawing contact but doesnt get the love from the official like say Harden

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
He’s already good a drawing contact but doesnt get the love from the official like say Harden

Well, if you (or any mortal) can explain the officiating in the NBA, you're a great person.

It's kinda like in baseball especially in previous years, when the star batters would have a smaller strike zone, and the star pitchers would get a bigger strike zone. WTF, just call the strike zone accurately.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Superstars are never under-appreciated and he is not one. He is an Allstar. He is not on the same level as Lebron, Harden, Durant, Westbrook......
He's the best player on a good team. That doesn't make you a superstar.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Super underrated. He's become so much more than an ISO scorer. Shooting the 3 at a good clip now and moves the ball very well.

Reactions: La Masse

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Super underrated. He's become so much more than an ISO scorer. Shooting the 3 at a good clip now and moves the ball very well.

He was unstoppable in the post tonight. He’s become much more aware about making the right pass instead of forcing the shot. On a second note, Wright was awesome tonight. Big improvement with him and Van Fleet over Cory Joseph from last year

Reactions: Virtanen18

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Good defenders are good at defending. My column:

Offensive players also score more points against weak defenders. That's my suggestion for your next column.

It reminds of the "Kessel would score less if he didn't have a great playmaker". Really? Earth shattering.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Statement game last night, crushing the Cavs without Lowry or Ibaka.

I know, these games mean little compared to the playoffs, but it's a promising sign at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad