NBA Toronto Raptors thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pretty significant jump for the Raptors. I'm not too up on these prospects but from what I've read/heard, there's a drop off after four or maybe five. For them to now be in position to grab whoever is left from Mobley, Suggs, and Green is big. All of those guys should be good fits with their current core as well.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Incredible year for picking in the top 4. Green, Suggs, Mobley and Cunningham could of all went #1 in other drafts they are that good. This will be a really nice core of young players for the Raptors:

PG/SG Suggs 20 or SG Green 19
SG/PG Van Fleet 27
SF Gary Trent Jr 22
PF/C Siakam 27
PF/C Anunoby 23

That is a legit starting 5....big need is to get Gary Trent Jr locked up.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Suggs is probably the guy we’re gonna end up with.

Although I wouldn’t be opposed to trading 4th + Malachi for 2nd overall & grab Mobley. (Or whatever it would cost)

Mobley is exactly what we need.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Which of the four has the best chance to start next season, with the Raps?

I'd assume it's Mobley.

Also, has there been ANY sign from Masai that he's coming back? If he chose to cling to Lowry at the deadline, and then both he and Lowry walk this summer, leaving the Raps with nothing, then there's going to be a lot of raised eyebrows in Toronto.

Hope that all gets sorted, one way or another, before draft day.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Which of the four has the best chance to start next season, with the Raps?

I'd assume it's Mobley.

Also, has there been ANY sign from Masai that he's coming back? If he chose to cling to Lowry at the deadline, and then both he and Lowry walk this summer, leaving the Raps with nothing, then there's going to be a lot of raised eyebrows in Toronto.

Hope that all gets sorted, one way or another, before draft day.
All of them are locks to be in the starting lineup at least IMO

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
All of them are locks to be in the starting lineup at least IMO

If you assume Lowry walks or goes in a sign and trade then that seems like a reasonable assumption. If he's back then Suggs/Green wouldn't start. I could even see a scenario where FVV and Trent Jr. start while they slow play it with the rookie. They're a smart development team and they're also good so they don't have to throw someone out there right away.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

An interesting rumour/speculation there. It would obviously have to depend on how the Raptors feel about Wiseman but on paper he seems like the type of big man they might be looking for. He had a somewhat iffy rookie season but I can't see that concerning them too much if they were high on him as a prospect.

Raptors would get to continue their youth movement with OG, Trent Jr., Wiseman, Flynn, 4th overall pick, 7th overall pick, etc. You'd still have FVV around as the leader and best player on the team as well.

It'd probably be a tough decision to part with Siakam, even if some people are lower on him right now, but if they get past that and decide to do it, one additional issue might be Wiggins. Him and his contract might need to be included to make this work if it ever gets to that point. Nurse is also coaching him right now with Team Canada so that adds another additional piece to this.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Siakam can be incredibly frustrating to watch at times, but he also just turned 27. I don't know if he will ever be suited as a team's first option, but he's already shown to be a strong second guy on a championship team.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

An interesting rumour/speculation there. It would obviously have to depend on how the Raptors feel about Wiseman but on paper he seems like the type of big man they might be looking for. He had a somewhat iffy rookie season but I can't see that concerning them too much if they were high on him as a prospect.

Raptors would get to continue their youth movement with OG, Trent Jr., Wiseman, Flynn, 4th overall pick, 7th overall pick, etc. You'd still have FVV around as the leader and best player on the team as well.

It'd probably be a tough decision to part with Siakam, even if some people are lower on him right now, but if they get past that and decide to do it, one additional issue might be Wiggins. Him and his contract might need to be included to make this work if it ever gets to that point. Nurse is also coaching him right now with Team Canada so that adds another additional piece to this.

I would actually pull the trigger on that deal and complete the rebuild.

Yed you take on Wiggins for 2 years...but he replaces a big chunk of the points lost by dealing Siakam. Also his defense has gotten better AND we have the chance to improve him. And we fill a big hole at C with Wiseman who we can develop. Then add in if we could snag Suggs/Green at #4 and Barnes at #7(6'8 235 SF/PF). That's a hell of a lot of young youth that's also very talented.

Icing on the cake would be moving Lowry's rights to add another future piece/picks.

Freddy, Trent Jr, Wiggins, OG, Wiseman
Flynn, Green/Suggs, Barnes, Boucher, Birch
Harris, Watanabe, Gillespie + Maybe Lowy's return.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
The 14 overall needs to be included too before the deal makes sense.

Plus...
It is only a no brainer if Barnes is available a 7...
But he is likely gone at 6.
That 14th overall pick will mitigate some risks...
Because I lump prospects 7 to 18 in the same range.

Golden State is the desperate team...
Not the Raptors.
That team's window shuts within 2 or 3 years...
Since the core are all over 30.
There is no need for the Raptors to trade Siakam...
So the price should remain sky high.
Otherwise...
Raptors could walk away from the deal...
And the team will still be fine.

Reactions: Tripod

razor ray

May 8, 2011
I would actually pull the trigger on that deal and complete the rebuild.

Yed you take on Wiggins for 2 years...but he replaces a big chunk of the points lost by dealing Siakam. Also his defense has gotten better AND we have the chance to improve him. And we fill a big hole at C with Wiseman who we can develop. Then add in if we could snag Suggs/Green at #4 and Barnes at #7(6'8 235 SF/PF). That's a hell of a lot of young youth that's also very talented.

Icing on the cake would be moving Lowry's rights to add another future piece/picks.

Freddy, Trent Jr, Wiggins, OG, Wiseman
Flynn, Green/Suggs, Barnes, Boucher, Birch
Harris, Watanabe, Gillespie + Maybe Lowy's return.

I would as well. Basically your receiving the #2 pick and #29 in 2020 and the #4 and #7 in the 2021 draft. Wiseman, Flynn, Suggs and possibly Barnes would be a hell of a haul.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The 14 overall needs to be included too before the deal makes sense.

Plus...
It is only a no brainer if Barnes is available a 7...
But he is likely gone at 6.
That 14th overall pick will mitigate some risks...
Because I lump prospects 7 to 18 in the same range.

Golden State is the desperate team...
Not the Raptors.
That team's window shuts within 2 or 3 years...
Since the core are all over 30.
There is no need for the Raptors to trade Siakam...
So the price should remain sky high.
Otherwise...
Raptors could walk away from the deal...
And the team will still be fine.
Yeah they could push for #14 added in.....even if the Raps "gave" a little back and added in one of the 2nd rounders they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->