NBA Toronto Raptors thread

x15Kotkaniemi15x

May 22, 2011
Toronto
Posted another video today, looking at the Raptors star trio, vs the leafs and jays ones. What's everyone's thoughts on which team has the best trio in Toronto?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
So with this season being a wrap, let's look at where the team is heading.

Free agents: Gasol, Ibaka, VanVleet
Lowry is 35 next season
Building blocks: Siakam, OG, Powell, Davis, Boucher, Thomas

This feels like a re-tool waiting to happen.

I would love for Fred to stick around but it depends on the price and how many dumb teams there are willing to offer the max.

Lowry may stick around for the rest of his career. If he wants another chance at a title, he may be traded, but his salary next year is a barrier.

You just can't overreact to Siakam's performance in the bubble. He may never be a true #1 option but he's still an elite two-way player. Him and OG will be the core moving forward.

Needs: Center replacements, more athletic/defensive wings. We never really got the opportunity to replace Kawhi last season because of how late he signed. OG was great, but in this NBA you need to load up on wings.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I agree with the guys on TNT like Shaq

"Toronto got this to a game 7 against a really good team, if Siakam gives you literally ANYTHING in this series you're in the conference finals"

He was replacement level
True, but they were also half second away from probably being swept

Reactions: Stylizer1

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
If the goal is to get back to the finals ASAP, coould a scorer with size like Kevin Love be a possibility?

Kevin Love is a good fit basketball-wise, but I just can't see us taking on his contract. That would pretty much eliminate us from the Giannis sweepstakes.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
True, but they were also half second away from probably being swept
This reminds me of the 'if Kawhi's shot didn't go in they lose in second round'.

Neither thing happened, doesn't matter. Raps took a good Boston team to game 7 down to the wire with our #1 option playing like dog shit.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the offseason. I want Serge back, Fred I want but probably not at the contract he is going to get. Gasol was a great addition to the team last year but appears to be a bit washed.

With Masai and Nurse leading this team, we will always be a factor.

Reactions: Stylizer1

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
This reminds me of the 'if Kawhi's shot didn't go in they lose in second round'.

Neither thing happened, doesn't matter. Raps took a good Boston team to game 7 down to the wire with our #1 option playing like dog shit.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the offseason. I want Serge back, Fred I want but probably not at the contract he is going to get. Gasol was a great addition to the team last year but appears to be a bit washed.

With Masai and Nurse leading this team, we will always be a factor.
Its not apples to apples because despite making the shot and winning a game they should have lost, they still lost the series.

Also getting a little tried about hearing about Siakam. Kemba Walker played like ass as well. And do people just not realize the Celtics where without Hayward?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

No idea how reliable this guy is but apparently Harrell also just unfollowed the Clippers and followed the Raptors on IG.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Would be horrible. Harrell f***ing sucks defensively.

Although I will say that if there is one team and one coach in the league that could fix this or at least hide his weaknesses, it’s the Raptors.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Not new thread-worthy, so I'll ask here:

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what is the difference in duties and responsibilities between the GM and the president of basketball operations?

I ask this because it seems to me that the GM is the one more involved with players transactions and building the team, yet the President Masai Ujiri is generally depicted as the one responsible for building the Raptors, rather than GM Bobby Webster. I bet if you asked casual Raptors fans who the team's GM is, most of them would answer with Ujiri.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Not new thread-worthy, so I'll ask here:

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what is the difference in duties and responsibilities between the GM and the president of basketball operations?

I ask this because it seems to me that the GM is the one more involved with players transactions and building the team, yet the President Masai Ujiri is generally depicted as the one responsible for building the Raptors, rather than GM Bobby Webster. I bet if you asked casual Raptors fans who the team's GM is, most of them would answer with Ujiri.
Raptors fans know who the GM is. Masai is the face of the franchise. Webster is more of the behind the scene numbers guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad