Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Ottawa Sat. 19th 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
In the last 31 games played the Leafs have the best team SV% 5 vs 5 out of any team in the league.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
In the last 31 games played the Leafs have the best team SV% 5 vs 5 out of any team in the league.
Yea but..

Leafs since Dec. 1 82-point pace
Goals for: 27th
Goals against: 16th
Shots for: 17th
Shots against: 26th
Shooting percentage: 27th
Save percentage: 7th
Time in lead: 19th
Time trailing: 18th
Time on PP: 23rd
Time on PK: 20th
ROWs: T-30th

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Yea but..

Leafs since Dec. 1 82-point pace
Goals for: 27th
Goals against: 16th
Shots for: 17th
Shots against: 26th
Shooting percentage: 27th
Save percentage: 7th
Time in lead: 19th
Time trailing: 18th
Time on PP: 23rd
Time on PK: 20th
ROWs: T-30th

I wasn't posting it attempting to trump good play or something.

Just to show how elite our goaltending has been for a long stretch.

PlietscherDassel

Dec 3, 2009
love that comment from babcock: Rewarding guys that work hard and do it right everyday instead of skill. Thats why he gets the big bucks because he's the only guy willing to do the right thing when no one else does. Thats how teams win championships, through hard work not skill
You need both hard work and skill to win. The reason Babcock rewards less skilled players for their hard work is to get the young skilled players to work as hard. If we want to be a contender and win the cup we need our young and skilled players to work hard in every game for many years. And thats what Babcock currently teaching them. It may be frustrating for us fans right now, because we prefer to see more of the young, skilled and exciting players and don't like to watch a by far less skilled vet play lots of minutes. But at the end of the day it is still the right thing to do for the teams development.

Reactions: frog and Mugzy97

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Another night of watching the camera pan over the bench having Babcock asking his staff what happened after a G/A or him calling lines off so he can get who he wants on the ice. Opposition coaching setting up his line match theory... Must be disheartening for the players to step on the ice spend 20 sec getting a play going only to be constantly called off because the other teams coach changed a player? Thats a offence killer every time... And if your going to dump and chase which works BTW..try sending in a forward that can check(hit) the" mini me type"puck hound favs of Babcocks aren't getting it done for dump and chase.....i haven't seen a d-man on the opposing team picking his arse off the ice yet ...If you play dump and chase you send in someone who instills fear when he checks(only one guy does that on the Leafs)..More pain coming .

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
My 2 cents. I get Babcock wants a structured system....i resoect that. But maybe it's time to build our system around the strengths on the roster, build it around the speed....f*** this 1980's dump and chase.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
love that comment from babcock: Rewarding guys that work hard and do it right everyday instead of skill. Thats why he gets the big bucks because he's the only guy willing to do the right thing when no one else does. Thats how teams win championships, through hard work not skill

yeah, this is working out real well, hyman, komarov, martin, the goat, polak these guys are killers!!!

edit:

for clarity, i was being facetious

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I can sympathize with Babcock's stance. In fact, I've mentioned that I think that's what his thought process is before. It does show method to the madness that is some of our time allocations, and if the end result is getting the absolutely most we can out of the guys that are important long-term, then that's all good.

I have more issues with the way he takes away our creativity and speed by trying to eliminate risk in our game.

Reactions: Erdinger

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I can sympathize with Babcock's stance. In fact, I've mentioned that I think that's what his thought process is before. It does show method to the madness that is some of our time allocations, and if the end result is getting the absolutely most we can out of the guys that are important long-term, then that's all good.

I have more issues with the way he takes away our creativity and speed by trying to eliminate risk in our game.

I see that as more of a temporary but necessary biproduct of the process.

Reactions: Nithoniniel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->