Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Ottawa Sat. 19th 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If Rielly is out for the Ottawa game, the D pairings might look like this...
Gardiner/Hainsey
Dermott/Carrick
Borgman/Polak
call up Justin Holl or Andrew Nielsen?

My God that's ugly, if the guy getting called up is just going to sit on his ass in the press box Marincin seems like the obvious choice

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
My God that's ugly, if the guy getting called up is just going to sit on his ass in the press box Marincin seems like the obvious choice

Possibly Marincin will be the player recalled but they also may want to see what one of the younger players can do?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Possibly Marincin will be the player recalled but they also may want to see what one of the younger players can do?

I wouldn't mind someone like Holl getting called up but if one of the younger guys called up they need to play, I'm just working on Borgman slotting back in and the call up doesn't play which would be a plug without much future like Marincin

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Would not be surprised if we lose 2-1 to Ottawa. Babcock doesn't know how to beat the trap. 8 million bucks and he cant beat the trap even if that team is garbage.

member 262271

Then COL, CHI, DAL next week. Fun times.
Not really sure I am even capable of looking at the schedule anymore - if I see they're playing a "hockey team" I'm like "WELP this might not be good!"

member 262271

I'd actually like to see Holl get a call up. If the leafs 3rd place cushion is indeed so large then who cares.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Would not be surprised if we lose 2-1 to Ottawa. Babcock doesn't know how to beat the trap. 8 million bucks and he cant beat the trap even if that team is garbage.

He should as Babs plays the trap.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
One thing I don't get is how people are saying Babs has killed the creativity, when in reality is that this team is choking when it comes to finishing plays.

The amount of chances we've had in this funk(since the Tampa game) and haven scored is getting annoying. That Jackets game and Sens game alone should have had 5 goals each.

It's up to the team to score, and not pass up opportunities. That's what makes them predictable to teams and goaltenders.

When Nylander is flying down the side and can attack the net, he goes behind the net or looks for the pass. Those are FINE plays, but when that is your only play, players catch on to that. Which is why when you mix up the shooting with the passing, it's much harder to adapt.

Marner is in the same boat.

Reactions: deepz

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
We are 0-3 vs Ottawa already

Reactions: 6ix

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
The Trap is actually entertaining when compared to Babcock hockey: play low-skill grinders with your best players and force everyone to play dump and chase. Put grinders on your PP and 3-on-3. Babcock is some kind of genius.

Reactions: Tlo1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad