Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
so what your saying is ellis> JVR? :laugh:

How did you get Ellis > JVR out of that?

This is correct. Any deal that involves the Preds top 4 without an equal player coming back (Aka Subban for Weber) is a non-starter.

Means trading Ellis creates too large of a hole for Nashville for it to be worth it unless an equal player (meaning same position and same talent level) comes back.

Nashville has nobody to replace Ellis and no prospects who are within a year of being NHL ready.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I'd take this as a Leafs fan. JVR is easily the best player in the deal but I would rather trade him while he's got a couple years left on a great contract and his value is highest, than overpay him or risk having him walk. Really good player for sure, but I don't think he fits into the Leafs long term plan.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
why do so many people assume that jvr is just gonna walk or hes gonna demand huge money jeez...
as for op pass, i just think jvr isnt available, our only hole is someone to play with rielly on the top pair and while jvr cant fetch that i dont want to trade him for #3's

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
so what your saying is ellis> JVR? :laugh:

You misread the post, and you are also missing the point from Nashville's perspective. JVR would be great to have, but it isn't like we are talking about a surefire top line winger which is what it would take to create a sizable hole on the blue line. We most likely don't have time to wait on Fabbro.

The same way that it doesn't make sense for Toronto to target Ellis, it doesn't make sense for Nashville to trade Ellis for anything that isn't either a lateral move (another second pair RHD) or a bigger return than a ~60 point winger.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad