Proposal: Toronto - Minnesota

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I honestly can't see any reason for Minnesota to do this. Wild need to get rid of Wings, trading a LW + a high pick for a LW does nothing for us.

Johnsson has more offense but not by a ton (granted he's playing with Mathews and Nylander), Foligno is much better defensively. In terms of total value, evolving-hockey's WAR has Foligno has more valuable both of the past two seasons. He's a bit younger but not what I would consider a young player, but we've got plenty of young wings.

What's your argument for any incentive for the Wild to do this? I'm coming up empty.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Pass from Minnesota. Wild do not want your middle 6 LW. Feels like half our organization is middle 6 LWs or project to be middle 6 LWs

Reactions: Cogburn

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Hard to find a reason why the Wild would want to swap Foligno for Johnsson. Adding a 2nd is almost comical.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The OP proposal is buns for MN. Foligno won't knock you out with his stats, but is the toughest guy on our team, and makes us harder to play against. Johnson would be just another wing that would clog up things for what we already have(or are stuck with), and our best prospects(Boldy, Kaprizov, Beckman...all wings).

In other words, Foligno gives us something we need. Johnson doesn't. Adding a 2nd on top...:rolleyes:

Wild need a top 6 C. That's not Kerfoot.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Switch the 2nd rounder to the other side and Minnesota considers it.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Foligno or Spurgeon are Minnesota next captain

2nd: johnsson isn't good. he isn't on Foligno level & Foligno protect guys like Fiala, Spurgeon, etc. & now Kaprizov

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Take out the 2nd, I still don't think Minnesota does it. Including the 2nd, there's no reason for them to consider it.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah switch the 2nd to other side and I'd consider it before ultimately saying no because of his contract.

Might do Rask for Johnsson straight up though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad