Toronto Media Embarrasses Themselves Again re McDavid

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
What's so bad about Seravalli? I find he is a lot more gracious when speaking about the Oilers than almost any other mainstream media man. He's always got Connor's back when it comes to the MVP debate.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
As dark as things are we at least won a playoff round in the last 10 years and been in a cup finals that we all are young enough to remember. Its funny to hear the actual media in Toronto talk about joining the leafs likes its some sort of hockey nobility that competes for cups on an annual basis. Only in their head is that the case.

Keep in mind this is an actual article in the Toronto Star, not some HF fanboy on the main boards.

Maybe it’s time we tried to get Connor McDavid out of Edmonton | The Star

technically the best thing was beating the sharks in the playoffs and then playing hard against the ducks until game 5 when the league and the team both crapped the bed and shamed themselves.

second to that is back to back art ross and ted lindsay awards for the guy that is "so hard done by"....

Klefbom, Draisaitl, RNH are some top end supporting cast too.

But flush those ideas down the crapper I guess.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Umm did you read the article? It has to do with leafs trying to get mcdavid... Because you know they churn out the cup runs or something.

If mcdavid were to leave why would he go to the one team that has not accomplished a thing for 50 years?
Remeber Messier did that with Rangers during their 54 year drought? One Cup in TO will equal about 5 Cups in Edmonton that’s something I can see McDavid pursuing once he’s done in Edmonton

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Remeber Messier did that with Rangers during their 54 year drought? One Cup in TO will equal about 5 Cups in Edmonton that’s something I can see McDavid pursuing once he’s done in Edmonton
What’s going to be a warm story will be seeing Auston Matthews accepting that offer sheet from Arizona this summer (the big one the Leafs can’t match because they signed Tavares) so he can go home and be the one to finally save hockey in the desert. Just the thought of it brings a tear to my eye.

Reactions: TB12

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
An angry motivated McDavid is good news for us. He will be on a mission once the All Star break is over.

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
Playing in Edmonton is not that bad. We have awesome facilities, a practice rink in the same rink as our main rink, lower taxes so you make more on your paycheck, and you can live really well as a millionaire here. Plus the fanbase of course. The only downside is the weather.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Playing in Edmonton is not that bad. We have awesome facilities, a practice rink in the same rink as our main rink, lower taxes so you make more on your paycheck, and you can live really well as a millionaire here. Plus the fanbase of course. The only downside is the weather.
The city itself is not that great compared to other hockey cities! If they did a poll of all NHL cities for most desirable places to live I bet Edmonton would be bottom half!

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
An angry motivated McDavid is good news for us. He will be on a mission once the All Star break is over.

Mission Impossible starring Connor McDavid
Hopefully the whole team plays with a chip on their shoulder, making the playoffs this season, with the entire hockey world ridiculing this franchise would be oh so sweet

Last edited:

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
If Matthews was from Edmonton and the Leafs were a joke like the Oilers then I could see it.

I think you misdirecting your anger...its the stench from Rogers Place and the Worlds best player (from Ontario) having to plug his nose every day he puts on his skates that should have you pissed off.

I think he’s talking about the Toronto guy talking like they’re better than us, when they’ve been the biggest joke in the league for 50 years.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think he’s talking about the Toronto guy talking like they’re better than us, when they’ve been the biggest joke in the league for 50 years.

The Oilers have been the biggest joke in the NHL for almost 15 years and it doesnt look like things are going to be changing anytime soon. Thats a lot of ammunition to be giving the Eastern media.
Thats all I care about. If this team would stop shooting itself in the foot then the media wouldnt have reason to write about how pathetic it is and how Connor deserves better.

So I am not upset about what is written (media are jackals for the most part)...I am upset about the incompetence and willful stupidity within this team.

This thread should be called....Oilers embarrass themselves again and the Eastern Media (not surprisingly) jumps all over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RegDunlop

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
What part of that entire article is false or misleading? If anything, we need ALL THE MEDIAS writing pieces like this that directly point out the track records of every management staffer in the organization being complete dogshit and not being accountable for anything. Why should any player have to want to play for some shittily run franchise that refuses to change its approach after decades of failure?

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
The city itself is not that great compared to other hockey cities! If they did a poll of all NHL cities for most desirable places to live I bet Edmonton would be bottom half!
Minneapolis, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg are kinda in the same group of smaller sized cities with a hardcore hockey fanbase. Good places to be if your focus is on hockey, team is winning, if you are a local boy, career 2nd chance, or otherwise find comfort in this type of city (e.g. some Scandinavians from smaller cities and cold climates comment "it's kind of like home for me").

That being said US East Coast, California, Toronto, and Florida are definitely more happening places for a young millionaire to live no doubt. Just look on most player ig when they're on a road trip to California.

I personally think if you sign a big contract and take on the C your experience is what you make of it. All things considered Connor is doing great in Edmonton. That being said I guess he will go to another team at some point... these teams I listed pretty much NEVER keep the big stars. Even Jarome Iginla bailed on Calgary in his twilight.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Ancient history doesnt matter.
It seems to matter a lot to the organization as they want to live in the past (as do some Oiler fans) but we need to acknowledge the present. The Oilers suck (they have been the worst team in the NHL for almost 15 years now) and they are wasting McDavid....thats the reality.

The Leafs are miles better than the Oilers and have been a much better run organization the last few years. Its not even close actually.

Now they havent won anything as of yet (which is something those reporters should be reminded of) but its undeniable that the Leafs are much better than the Oilers.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
The Leafs are going to have to give away players eventually and still have a great team that we are dreaming about playing here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad