Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Leave... Connor.... ALONE!

latest

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I get annoyed at the amount of glee the Eastern media gets out of the Oilers struggle.

And that any outrage isn't on behalf of the fans. It's on behalf of thinking there is some great injustice being done that McDavid is here.

We're allowed to make fun of our misery. No one else is. It's like playing jokes on your younger brother. But when someone else does it it's not okay.

We get it. We all know this is a huge cluster f***. Do you really need to kick us when we're down by trying to suggest McDavid has to leave?

I think there also might be some subconcious fear of the legitimate possibility that McDavid is goign to request a trade at some point here and that when media brings it up, or outright asks him that question, that it will become a reality.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
lets not act like rishaug hounding connor about chiarelli at the allstar game was any better.

By far my least favourite semi local guy. I can't stand him. The very definition of a guy that likes to dish it out but goes into major pout/sulk mode if he is ever challenged on his views.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I bet it was a TO reporter(LOL) that asked this question as well.

I like how serevali called that reporter intrepid, as I think idiotic is more the word he should have used

Honestly, we can allude to which media said this but holy is that ever unprofessional. In the first year of an 8 year contract and you ask that! Our team is in a roughish spot but still contending for a spot, regardless of the points and league position. We can't allow questions like this to be the norm for any player in the league.

Reactions: booyakasha

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I get annoyed at the amount of glee the Eastern media gets out of the Oilers struggle.

And that any outrage isn't on behalf of the fans. It's on behalf of thinking there is some great injustice being done that McDavid is here.

We're allowed to make fun of our misery. No one else is. It's like playing jokes on your younger brother. But when someone else does it it's not okay.

We get it. We all know this is a huge cluster ****. Do you really need to kick us when we're down by trying to suggest McDavid has to leave?

I think there also might be some subconcious fear of the legitimate possibility that McDavid is goign to request a trade at some point here and that when media brings it up, or outright asks him that question, that it will become a reality.

Why...do you not think that there would be Western glee if the Leafs were floundering?

Reactions: RegDunlop

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Thanks for the context. it's funny that the OP seems to think the Toronto media is amorphous and homogenous blob.
The Toronto media is horrible.

I’d go so far as to say they play a big part themselves in the Leafs never winning anything. I don’t remember the exact year but it was in the Curtis Joseph era, they had a team good enough to win the Cup. Media hounded management every day for weeks leading up to the trade deadline to bolster the lineup. Management relented to the pressure and made four or five deals at the deadline. The deals didn’t help, ruined the team chemistry and the team failed early in the playoffs. The team pre-deadline looked unbeatable but that wasn’t enough for the media.

I think the media also played a huge part in the team first going after Stamkos and then later Tavares. Stamkos at the time made sense but Tavares didn’t considering their circumstances had changed. They likely end up crippling their team this summer because of his acquisition.

It’s best to just ignore them. Their motivations are purely personal and have nothing to do with the team.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
f*** you Bruce Arthur.

And f*** you Frank Seravalli, you 50 year old looking idiot (seriously, he’s 30 people).

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Honestly, we can allude to which media said this but holy is that ever unprofessional. In the first year of an 8 year contract and you ask that! Our team is in a roughish spot but still contending for a spot, regardless of the points and league position. We can't allow questions like this to be the norm for any player in the league.
Rishaug told strudwick it was Ken Campbell that asked the question..
Seemed to annoy rishaug as well.
Theo Fleury was none too impressed either LOL

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I bet it was a TO reporter(LOL) that asked this question as well.

I like how serevali called that reporter intrepid, as I think idiotic is more the word he should have used

It was Ken Campbell of The Hockey News. That magazine has sunk so low I hope it folds. Campbell is BY FAR the worst hockey reporter out there including Damien “I Like To Show Girls My” Cox and Steve “I Am The Bigger Asshat” Simmons.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Holy ****, I thought you were joking because there was no way, but jeez, he's actually 30.

Frank and I shared an elevator ride in the Delta when I was in Winnipeg to catch a Jets playoff game vs Vegas last year. Nice guy, asked him for his take on a few things. He wound up being wrong on all of them but he was pretty cool about a quick elevator chat.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
If McDavid was a native Edmontonian playing for Toronto, I'd get enraged too.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
meh, Toronto is the cancer epi-center of the hockey world. They're even booing their own players whilst being 2nd the division and starting to talk about if Babcock needs to get axed.

18 months ago, they (and the rest of the hockey world) were talking about how Edmonton has the brightest future of all Canadian teams, and Cup favorites going forward.

Now, 3 points out of a playoff spot, and into Connor's 4th year, all of sudden it's a crisis, and it's paramount McDavid wins NOW. Even though he already made the playoffs, in his 2nd year, round 2. Matthews has never been past round 1, and Eichel has never made the playoffs period. Is it pandemonium in Buffalo?

Connor isn't going anywhere, he himself is the core of the solution, and he understands that, and that he is the Captain and an Edmonton Oiler until his contract expires.
18 months from now, that same writer could be writing an article on how Edmonton is the best team in the west and how they turned the page. Toronto media goes which ever way the wind blows and exaggerate, good or bad (ie. Tavares now makes them the best team in the league, the next dynasty, and so forth....:laugh:)

Everyone outside Edmonton is torching this franchise, we should be supporting this team, and not entertain this trade McDavid nonsense. We are the luckiest SOB's in the league to have him, and this city deserves him

Reactions: RattsSSV

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Arthur wrote the article about “Getting McDabid out of Edmonton”.
Seravalli kept tweeting about it giving it way more attention than it deserves.

Thanks. I know the one Sportsnet broadcaster tweeted it first, or seemed to be first to publicly mention it and since, the Ontario media has grabbed the ball and ran with it.

Reactions: TB12

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
**** you Bruce Arthur.

And **** you Frank Seravalli, you 50 year old looking idiot (seriously, he’s 30 people).

I thought no f***ing way that guy is thirty...

Holy shit!!! That guy IS f***ing thirty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad