Toronto Media Embarrasses Themselves Again re McDavid

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
As dark as things are we at least won a playoff round in the last 10 years and been in a cup finals that we all are young enough to remember. Its funny to hear the actual media in Toronto talk about joining the leafs likes its some sort of hockey nobility that competes for cups on an annual basis. Only in their head is that the case.

Keep in mind this is an actual article in the Toronto Star, not some HF fanboy on the main boards.

Maybe it’s time we tried to get Connor McDavid out of Edmonton | The Star

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I bet it was a TO reporter(LOL) that asked this question as well.

I like how serevali called that reporter intrepid, as I think idiotic is more the word he should have used

That was one of the worst line of cars Chrysler ever put out and were/are pure junk.

Maybe that's what Serevali was trying to sneak in by calling him that- lol.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Oilers organization brings all of this 'get McDavid out of Edmonton' stuff on itself.
If the team wasnt such a s*** show then this stuff wouldnt be written.

If you want to cast blame dont look at Toronto...look no further than Rogers Place.

Last edited:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The Oilers organization brings all of this 'get McDavid out of Edmonton' stuff on itself.

If want to cast blame dont look at Toronto...look no further than Rogers Place.

Word. It's not like we haven't talked about it here.

Reactions: Aerrol

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
IIRC, McDavid [or maybe it was his dad] said that he cares about his legacy and doesn't want to be known as the player that took the easy way out and bounced.

Would be hilarious with all this talk by Toronto and it back fires on them when [god forbid if] McDavid ever hits free agency and goes to any other team but Toronto

Reactions: MikeGrier99

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

If you want to cast blame dont look at Toronto...look no further than Rogers Place.

It's a bit of throwing stones in glass houses. Would Terry Jones write a similar article regarding Matthews if the Leafs flounder again this year in the playoffs?

It's one thing if a writer in Tampa Bay drafts this... It's a joke coming from a leafs writer.

Reactions: frag2

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
It's a bit of throwing stones in glass houses. Would Terry Jones write a similar article regarding Matthews if the Leafs flounder again this year in the playoffs?

It's one thing if a writer in Tampa Bay drafts this... It's a joke coming from a leafs writer.

Him being from the Toronto-area probably has a lot to do with it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

If Matthews was from Edmonton and the Leafs were a joke like the Oilers then I could see it.

I think you misdirecting your anger...its the stench from Rogers Place and the Worlds best player (from Ontario) having to plug his nose every day he puts on his skates that should have you pissed off.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

What do the Leafs have to do with anything here? There's literally zero mention of them in the piece.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
What do the Leafs have to do with anything here? There's literally zero mention of them in the piece.

Umm did you read the article? It has to do with leafs trying to get mcdavid... Because you know they churn out the cup runs or something.

If mcdavid were to leave why would he go to the one team that has not accomplished a thing for 50 years?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Doesn't bother me. If it lights a fire under the Oilers management/ownership's ass, all the better.

I don't think Connor is in that headspace yet, but 2-3 years from now if they keep bumbling around who knows, it's better to get a wake up call now and get down to business.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Umm did you read the article? It has to do with leafs trying to get mcdavid... Because you know they churn out the cup runs or something.

Citation required.

There's literally one reference to the Leafs in the piece and it's about organizational incompetence coming from the top.

Christ, y'all so sensitive.

Reactions: KapG

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Citation required.

There's literally one reference to the Leafs in the piece and it's about organizational incompetence coming from the top.

Christ, y'all so sensitive.

"Maybe it’s time we tried to get Connor McDavid out of Edmonton"

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
As dark as things are we at least won a playoff round in the last 10 years and been in a cup finals that we all are young enough to remember. Its funny to hear the actual media in Toronto talk about joining the leafs likes its some sort of hockey nobility that competes for cups on an annual basis. Only in their head is that the case.

Keep in mind this is an actual article in the Toronto Star, not some HF fanboy on the main boards.

Maybe it’s time we tried to get Connor McDavid out of Edmonton | The Star

Could you link a copy of this as its a pay wall article. I can't read anything but the title and first line so can't comment on what it states.

It does start out being humorous, is the article just intended comicly? Tongue in cheek?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
"Maybe it’s time we tried to get Connor McDavid out of Edmonton"

Wait you think "we" means "the Leafs?"

giphy.gif

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don’t get the uproar over this. It’s an article about how badly run the organization is and a pretty soft one at that.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I mean, I have to echo the other comments here - are they wrong? I wouldn't blame Connor for demanding a trade one bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->