Toronto Marlies moving to Hamilton in 2025-26 after renovations of the Hamilton Copps Coliseum?

Martin Veillette

Feb 19, 2019
1000001517.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

UpwardBoss

Dec 15, 2021
I could see it tbh. This is obviously speculation and I strongly doubt the guy tweeting has inside sources but Andlauer soured his relationship with the city of Hamilton and I could see MLSE trying to swoop in there.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I could see it tbh. This is obviously speculation and I strongly doubt the guy tweeting has inside sources but Andlauer soured his relationship with the city of Hamilton and I could see MLSE trying to swoop in there.
It’s actually the opposite. The city soured the relationship with Andlauer over the years. Hamilton Bulldogs fans know that the city has really burned that bridge over the years, and now there is little reason for him to go back to Hamilton.

Reactions: Roadhog

UpwardBoss

Dec 15, 2021
It’s actually the opposite. The city soured the relationship with Andlauer over the years. Hamilton Bulldogs fans know that the city has really burned that bridge over the years, and now there is little reason for him to go back to Hamilton.
That may be true but regardless of which way round it is I doubt the Bulldogs go back to Hamilton.

Growler

May 16, 2018
I'm not sure if I follow. He's saying the Marlies will move to Hamilton and an ECHL franchise will move into the Coca Cola Coliseum?

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
I'm not sure if I follow. He's saying the Marlies will move to Hamilton and an ECHL franchise will move into the Coca Cola Coliseum?
He's trying to say that, but MLSE isn't about to leave an arena they operate 10 minutes away to go an hour down the road and pay rent to someone else. Besides, HUPEG has stated they want FOC to be more of a concert venue. The Rock might be the only sports team there in a couple years. And it's more likely the PWHL moves to Triple-C next season given how they completely sold out Mattamy Centre.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Ottawa likely would before Toronto. But I think Winnipeg should do it in order to increase the sales of Jets tickets considering the Moose get a lot of people at their games as opposed to Jets games. Plus tons of flights going from Winnipeg to Pearson.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Ottawa likely would before Toronto. But I think Winnipeg should do it in order to increase the sales of Jets tickets considering the Moose get a lot of people at their games as opposed to Jets games. Plus tons of flights going from Winnipeg to Pearson.
So you are suggesting that Winnipeg take their what? AHL team from the very same building as the NHL team plays and move it to Hamilton? Is that was you are saying or do you mean an ECHL team affiliated with Winnipeg move into Hamilton?

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020

Why would TNSE mind? Either way it's money in their pocket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad