Toronto Maple Leafs will not make the playoffs this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Wait.... its November 19th... Why???? St.Louis anyone!!!

The only fans who should use last year's blues as an example... are blues fans and only if they have roughly the same players.

Fans of other teams using them as an example is pretty pathetic.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Way to piss on the poor soul's parade :laugh:
giphy.gif

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Is Kerfoot allowing more goals per game? Not hypothetical per 60 goals, but actual real goals being scored against him per game played.

Hockey isn't played on a spreadsheet TWS, your dumb per60 nerd stats don't matter in the real world.

Agreed on your comments on hypothetical goals. Would you for you to debate Zeke.

But Kerfoot isn't the one preventing goals. Please provide video evidence on all the goals he prevented.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It's way too early to say they won't make it.
If they are still struggling into January and are well below the line then the chicken little's can claim the sky is falling.

For now this is just part of the story of the their season and we don't know how it will unfold.

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook
It says 1001 right beside your post.

Well, I can't account for why that happened when it did say #999 when I hit the "Post Reply" button. I can't imagine that tarheelhockey Highest Boss puffer fish would have passed up the opportunity to point out the mistake in his immediate response to my post if that wasn't the case, can you? Apparently he thought it was too. :thumbu:

I did that fully understanding that hot rods like you were lurking out there waiting to pounce on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well, I can't account for why that happened when it did say #999 when I hit the "Post Reply" button. I can't imagine that tarheelhockey Highest Boss puffer fish would have passed up the opportunity to point out the mistake in his immediate response to my post if that wasn't the case, can you? Apparently he thought it was too. :thumbu:

I did that fully understanding that hot rods like you were lurking out there waiting to pounce on that potential mistake.
I am not a hotrod at all and actually I am an easy-going type of guy that was merely making an attempt at some light-hearted humor. I mean no harm.

Reactions: Pucker Factor 10

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So am I. I just used your avatar as a cheesy metaphor.

This begs the question: does humor belong in a discussion of the Leafs potentially not making the playoffs?
Character is not a gift but rather a quality that is learned and built in times of struggle, the Leafs will be fine, a tweak or two here or there and all will be well. A team does need an identity though and time will tell if they can find it.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
And the best way to do that would be fixing the system. There has been 3 different defenses since Babcock came to the Leafs, and all of them have had the same problem.

Same with special teams. You can't tell me the players just suck that bad. You can see the PP fall month after month and the players are damn near the same.

There are too many good players and too many things that point to the Leafs being played poorly (such as Hak wanting the D to run the offense and the team getting no pucks through and tons of undangerous chance vs years past).

Someone pointed out how Therrien was trying to get the Pens to play this shutdown system that didn't work, and when Bylsma came in he said he needs to let his best players play their game without worrying about mistakes.

That's what Leaf fans want to see before we make changes. Instead of telling Matthews to chip the puck into the corner, why not let him try and make a play or take it to the net?

And for most proof.. Barrie comes here and has an amazing first game. Dangles a guy and sets up a nice goal. Slowly he plays less and less like that and more quiet. Muzzin comes here and is throwing big hits, all over the place, slowly stops taking those chances.

It is coaching. He is taking the creativity out of the team built on speed and skill. Now, the whole might be too big to fix, but we just want to see a new age coach who will deploy the stars in ways other times see.

Ultimate proof IMO is the Islanders. Went from last in GA who were considered to have a putrid defense to the best GA team with no real changes. Coaching has more to do with things than posters want to admit.

Yes, fixing the system is an obvious important thing. However, I think that some players should be held accountable for the insufficient effort in the defensive aspect of the game. And at the end of the day, you guys need at the bare minimum one good defensive defenseman. My $0.02

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Six straight loses for the leafs. Only 3 pts ahead of Ottawa with Sens holding 2 games in hand.

They’re only 5 pts above the very bottom of the league standings and all the teams below them aside from Detroit have games in hand.

Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Leaf players are mentally just broken......unreal how bad they're playing.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The only fans who should use last year's blues as an example... are blues fans and only if they have roughly the same players.

Fans of other teams using them as an example is pretty pathetic.
No, one use them of an example of how to play. They are an example of not giving up, and any team who is currently out of a playoff spot.
Suggesting otherwise is not only disingenuous but also pathetic. For example, as a Leaf fan we can show that we are not out of the playoffs yet because look where the Blues were last year. They persevered as we can or any other team that has not been eliminate. Though it would be pathetic if someone thought it was a good strategy to take into the year, or equally pathetic if some suggested that fans of another team would think it is their strategy.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
No, one use them of an example of how to play. They are an example of not giving up, and any team who is currently out of a playoff spot.
Suggesting otherwise is not only disingenuous but also pathetic. For example, as a Leaf fan we can show that we are not out of the playoffs yet because look where the Blues were last year. They persevered as we can or any other team that has not been eliminate. Though it would be pathetic if someone thought it was a good strategy to take into the year, or equally pathetic if some suggested that fans of another team would think it is their strategy.

I didn't say it was their strategy, where did you get that from? No, just because the Blues persevered does not mean anything for the leafs. Different teams, different personnel. I guess it makes you feel a little better, but to me its pathetic.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
They've certainly put themselves behind the 8 ball, and it wouldn't surprise me if they continued to fall with Babcock at the helm (and Marner out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->