Confirmed with Link: Toronto Maple Leafs Sign Cody Franson (1 yr/2m)

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
Dunno about that Gardiner-Franson pairing, same could be said about a Rielly-Franson pairing though lol
Gardiner used to play with Liles, I wouldn't be too worried about him playing with Franson.

Also

In the playoffs when Gardiner was beasting it Franson was his D partner. Franson had 6 points in 7 games as well.

Last edited:

BayStreetBullies*

If true, then good news. Especially after those rumours that Franson was considering playing in Europe, or that Burke was after him.

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
As good as the news is for THIS season, it pretty much guarantees that we will be losing him as a UFA after this season, guys. I just don't see him taking a discount two contracts in a row, and with all of our other UFA's...somebody's gotta go.

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
As good as the news is for THIS season, it pretty much guarantees that we will be losing him as a UFA after this season, guys. I just don't see him taking a discount two contracts in a row, and with all of our other UFA's...somebody's gotta go.
(he's not a UFA after this season if he signs a 1 year deal)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Hmm.
so he signs. yay.
but then.... do we trade him? I don't see him signing here longer term as a UFA unless we throw mad dollars at him.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
It sucks that Rielly basically gets sent down now...although if we bury liles and send down a forward, where does that leave us? I still say we find a way for Morgan to get 9 games in.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If true, then good news. Especially after those rumours that Franson was considering playing in Europe, or that Burke was after him.

Europe would have been a huge gamble, last year Franson had something like 3 goals and 5 assists in 26 games playing in Sweden. If he repeated that, there wouldn't be a big payday next year either.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If they all perform, then bye bye Phaneuf

I don't see Nonis gettting rid of Phaneuf. unless something changes, the UFA defense class next year isn't that deep at all. Unless Nonis goes to Cody during the year and goes here 5 million (eep) xx years, I can see Cody saying see yah. (though truthfully, Nonis was just trying to have him for an extra year at cap-sense dollars (right now). not deliberatly trying to shaft him.

oo is it 100 percent confirmed now. huzzah.

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
I don't see Nonis gettting rid of Phaneuf. unless something changes, the UFA defense class next year isn't that deep at all. Unless Nonis goes to Cody during the year and goes here 5 million (eep) xx years, I can see Cody saying see yah. (though truthfully, Nonis was just trying to have him for an extra year at cap-sense dollars (right now). not deliberatly trying to shaft him.

oo is it 100 percent confirmed now. huzzah.

We need Cody Franson on the roster to be successful this year. But if Nonis and our development and scouting team do their job, Franson leaving shouldn't hurt us at all. Percy and Rielly should be more than ready by then.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Toronto much preferred a 2 yr deal for Franson to avoid arb next yr, but told Franson camp yesterday they would do 1 yr at $2 mil or less.

Dreger makes it sound like he's an RFA at years end, and not a UFA...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad