Confirmed with Link: Toronto Maple Leafs Sign Cody Franson (1 yr/2m)

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
@dcmahiban 38m
According to a source, the #MapleLeafs and RFA defenseman Cody Franson have agreed on a one-year contract. #NHL

Never heard of him breaking anything personally, but he has worked with some extremely reputable media organizations (CP, Globe, CBC, etc).

Here is a profile of said source:
http://about.me/dhirenmahiban

MOD EDIT

Calling this official now. Sportsnet has it, and Kypreos will be on the FAN590 at 720 to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Again, he's definitely credentialed media. But we've seen many situations the same where the "source" turned out to be false.

I don't believe it based on the cap situation, and I will wait to see if another media outlet reports it. I do hope its true though.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Seems like an odd time to break news about a signing. Don't know how reputable he is with inside info but hopefully the news is true. If Franson is coming with a one year, hopefully it's at a price that doesn't require the team having to go work with less than a 21 man roster.

I will say, with the way Nonis preaches about patience, I'll be surprised if he ends up with the 1 yr deal...unless there's other things that were discussed that we won't be privy to.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Seems like an odd time to break news about a signing. Don't know how reputable he is with inside info but hopefully the news is true. If Franson is coming with a one year, hopefully it's at a price that doesn't require the team having to go work with less than a 21 man roster.

I will say, with the way Nonis preaches about patience, I'll be surprised if he ends up with the 1 yr deal...unless there's other things that were discussed that we won't be privy to.

Or perhaps the threat of an offer sheet.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I don't care if it was the NHL Lockout Podium that announces it, just let it be true

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
at least t wasn't Aaron Ward who broke the news, this is a little more reputable :sarcasm:

Weird time of the night if true

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just another player to sign next year..

And then we can sign him log term instead of losing him to UFA in 2 years. 1 year deal was always better in my eyes.

It's not like Nonis has a limit to the number on contracts he can sign in 1 summer, make him work overtime to sign 1 more contract I don't care

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
what time does Dreger and Bobo set their alarm for? Need to wake them up to see if there's anything to this

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Andrew Walker from Sportsnet is reporting it as well. Cant copy on my phone. He says 2m

Yay

EDIT

OK, on the CPU now. That said, im going to wait for a bit more from someone with credentials before this gets confirmed with link status.

Andrew Walker ‏@FAN590Walker 50m

#Leafs will sign Cody Franson. One year, 2 mil dollar deal set to be announced. Big paycut gets him to UFA. Wants to play, clearly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad