Recalled/Assigned: Toronto Maple Leafs recall G Jhonas Enroth, send down G Antoine Bibeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
They will be doing this all season, or until/if Enroth is picked up/traded..

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Not that I think Enroth is the answer or anything, but it sill be pretty hard for the guy to improve if he keeps getting shuffled around, even more so when he is going to a team that won't even be practicing for a while.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
As long as Bibeau is up by our game, this is a good move. Babcock needs to get him some more starts, otherwise Andersen will be burnt out after 60 ish games.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Not that I think Enroth is the answer or anything, but it sill be pretty hard for the guy to improve if he keeps getting shuffled around, even more so when he is going to a team that won't even be practicing for a while.

Dont think management cares

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

leafs arent a babysitting company -enroth was brought in to do a basic job and he failed miserably at it. kinda hard to feel sorry for him.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

In managements eyes, hes already proven the can't. His numbers are slightly better at the AHL level.

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
leafs arent a babysitting company -enroth was brought in to do a basic job and he failed miserably at it. kinda hard to feel sorry for him.

You're right, the Leafs are a professional sports team, and if you don't compete for a spot, you won't get one. But as a person, I feel for him. Our defence has certainly not helped any goalie thus far however, and it's important to remember that unless we continue the Bibeau experiment, which is likely, we will need a backup next year. I for one would be wary of signing here in case history repeats itself.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You're right, the Leafs are a professional sports team, and if you don't compete for a spot, you won't get one. But as a person, I feel for him. Our defence has certainly not helped any goalie thus far however, and it's important to remember that unless we continue the Bibeau experiment, which is likely, we will need a backup next year. I for one would be wary of signing here in case history repeats itself.

There are a few broader downsides to this type of yo going.

Enrich likely promised the backup role before aigningand he was sent down reasonably quickly. Doesn't look good to potential free agents to the Leafs.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
There are a few broader downsides to this type of yo going.

Enrich likely promised the backup role before aigningand he was sent down reasonably quickly. Doesn't look good to potential free agents to the Leafs.

Well, I don't think they would promise him any role - at least, not in the way you must think they promised it to him.

I'd imagine it went more like, if you can play reasonably well for us, then, we've got a back-up role for you here. BUT, we cant' promise that you'll have a job if someone else comes a long that can do your job better or cheaper.

Of course, they likely would have said it more diplomatically than that though, but, I think that's the bottom line though - This is a business!

There are no promises per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad