Friedman: Toronto Maple Leafs may kick tires on San Jose UFA D Brenden Dillon

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
How about addressing the specifics he’s talk about point by point, rather than posting a 2 line post crapping like you did?

Don’t agree? Fine, but his post was much more articulate than your two line response that boiled down to “nuh uhhhh”.
I’m more than Willing to discuss points with people, but the guy just comes out swinging with very bold claims clearly meant to just be a “well my guys are so much better and yours suck so no”. Even if I tried to counter his points it would be useless

Reactions: SnarkAttack

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
The last two d-men Wilson moved were bottom pairing Brad Stuart and Doug Murray. Each returned a 2nd+. San joe gave up a 2nd for Roman Polak. Dillon is significantly better than all three. He’s On the borderline of being a 4/5 guy.

Good speed (with and without the puck), good defensively and on the pk, hits like a truck. Doesn’t handle the puck like a grenade, but that’s the extent of his offensive ability (aside from an amazing goal against Nashville 130 games ago).

If I was a playoff contender and needed someone to strengthen the teams physical play, to clear the crease, Dillon would absolutely be worth a 2nd.

Physical dmen are always in demand going into the playoffs. They seldom skate like Dillon.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
How about addressing the specifics he’s talk about point by point, rather than posting a 2 line post crapping like you did?

Don’t agree? Fine, but his post was much more articulate than your two line response that boiled down to “nuh uhhhh”.

More articulate, huh?

"Mr. [Poster], what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Reactions: Gecklund and D00bis

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
The dude is UFA bro. Are you planning to re sign him?? No one is offering a second for Brenden fricken Dillon that's UFA. Im surprised the Leafs are even interested in him in general. And now you want a second??? LUL

The guys career stats are horrible. And not even worth a third. Toronto should offer Ceci + 3rd and thats being generous.

Guys like Dillon as UFA go for a 2nd+ at the TDL. Making uneducated comments is one thing, and LULing people concurrent with demonstrating how little you know about hockey is cringe-worthy.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
More articulate, huh?

"Mr. [Poster], what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I honestly don’t know what to do with this.....

Good work? :huh:

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Why bother? He's a UFA and nobody in their right mind believes that adding Dillon to this Leafs team will "push them over the top", so then it's just to help them get into the playoffs.

If the latter is the case, let me pose my concern like this: With a roster pushing the cap including 3 players earning $10M+ per year each, if they need Brendan Dillon just to get into the playoffs, something is very wrong with this team. Forget the injuries, that's not why they got mauled in Florida or smacked down by the Hawks.

I suggested in the Leafs forum they should be sellers at the deadline. This is not their year. Get what you can for Barrie and Muzzin (both UFAs) and use the acquired picks/prospects/Johnsson/Bracco, etc. to get a long-term solution on the blue line. Or a veteran who will help this team with their immaturity problem.

Either way, giving up futures for a UFA d-man just to limp into the playoffs where their complete disdain for playing responsible defense all but guarantees a quick and painful exit will set this team back even further. Of course, Dubas and Leafs management disagree but giving up any futures for this team, right now, makes no sense to me.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Guys like Dillon as UFA go for a 2nd+ at the TDL. Making uneducated comments is one thing, and LULing people concurrent with demonstrating how little you know about hockey is cringe-worthy.

What I do understand with a Draft being considered as good or better than McDavids. One of the best since 2015. Teams aren’t going to be throwing around second round picks for a 29 year old hitter that’s UFA. It’s cringe worthy you’re expecting second round picks in this deep of a draft, and growing on trees.

What you need to do is read the draft details before putting up assumptions in past years of weak drafts compared to this one. You’re looking foolish right now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->