Toronto Maple Leafs Christmas Present

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Christmas is forthcoming and i am wondering what everybody would pick if they had once choice to choose as a present for the maple leafs come off season. Since we are on the verge of a lock out the off season is the only thing to look forward to.

For me it is to get a top 3 pick in the 2013 NHL draft and then to sign 2 Top end Free agents to add to the young pool of Kessel , Gardier , JVR and Riley

AlmightyPO

Dec 13, 2009
London
My wish: 1st overall pick when the season is eventually cancelled.

However knowing our luck, I believe we will pick out of the top 15.

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
anyone who says anything other than the stanley cup is ridiculous

sometimes I think we get so caught up in the journey that we forget about the destination

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
anyone who says anything other than the stanley cup is ridiculous

sometimes I think we get so caught up in the journey that we forget about the destination

Its pathetic how much the leafs have dissapointed us that our greatest wish is to just see a playoff team or even a good draft pick.

Kessely Snipes

Great White North
Oct 16, 2011
Regina, SK
I'm not even close to being in a Stanley cup mindset. I would be pumped to see Leafs just get in, even if they got blown out in the first round.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Does it need to be reasonable? If not:
Malkin and Fleury for Komisarek and Lombardi

If so:
Draft Nate Mackinnon

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
The journey is half the fun.

How about wish for one great draft where they get 2 or 3 franchise players. Let the players do the rest on the way to a cup.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Have a wonderful draft.

Take MacKinnon at #1, trade for the rights to Getzlaf for cheap, have him sign with us and then sign Backstrom or Perry :)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Well the Cup is the obvious answer but realistically, getting a franchise center from the draft (depending on draft method they'll use if/when the season is cancelled and IF the union isn't dissolved) and a good Free Agency period (again, depending if the Union is dissolved and the repercussions of that) is the best we can hope for. REALISTICALLY.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I wish that all humans in the NHL hierarchy that look like rats, please scurry away!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->