Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Leafs(5-3-2)
Projected line up:

Leafs lineup in warmup last night... most likely similar but Hutch in net

Bruins (5-1-2)
Projected line up:

The Boston Bruins will look to put their first losing streak of the season behind them when they host the Toronto Maple Leafs in the tail end of a home-and-home set Tuesday.

Boston has dropped two straight, falling in a shootout to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday before a 4-3 defeat in overtime against the Maple Leafs in Toronto on Saturday. In the latter contest, Morgan Rielly scored the game-winner at 3:54 of the extra period.

Since then, the Bruins have been off while the Maple Leafs fell in 4-3 overtime at home against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Monday.

Despite their short skid, the Bruins have picked up points in four straight games and seven of eight to begin the season. Still, the sting of two close losses is front of mind for the club, especially against two Atlantic Division opponents and fellow playoff favorites.

"I thought we played well enough to get two points tonight," Boston goaltender Jaroslav Halak said after making 25 saves Saturday. "One of those games that we get some chances, they got some bounces their way and they won a game. Happy for the point obviously, disappointed at the same time. It is what it is. We have to turn the page and get ready for the next one."

Tuukka Rask will return to the Bruins' net for the Tuesday contest, the 500th game of his career. Rask is 17-7-2 with a 2.13 goals-against average in 29 appearances against Toronto.
"Milestone game," Rask said. "It's good. It's fun. Played my first game against the Leafs, and now milestone game against them, kind of cool."

Maple Leafs backup Michael Hutchinson is expected to get the nod after Frederik Andersen made 34 stops in the Monday defeat. Hutchinson, a Bruins draft pick in 2008, has allowed nine goals in two starts this season.

Toronto's loss to Columbus was just its second in its past five games, and it came in unlikely fashion. Mitchell Marner was called for a hooking penalty on a breakaway at 1:57 of overtime, allowing Gustav Nyquist to score on a penalty shot and seal the victory for the Blue Jackets.

"It's unfortunate," Marner said. "We got sticks in their feet, their hands, and they called it. You want to have those ones back, but stuff happens."

Auston Matthews scored his eighth goal of the season and added an assist in the defeat, leading the way for the Maple Leafs, whose 35 goals scored are tied for second in the league with Colorado, and just one behind Washington.

Boston's David Pastrnak is tied for the league lead with nine goals, having scored seven in his last three games. He is riding a six-game points streak, with linemates Patrice Bergeron (two goals, six assists) and Brad Marchand (four goals, eight assists) each at seven straight games.

The Bruins will be without forward David Krejci (upper body) for the third straight game. Karson Kuhlman missed practice Monday and is questionable after getting injured on a blocked shot Saturday.
The Maple Leafs are still without captain John Tavares, who has missed two games and is out at least two weeks with a broken finger.

--Field Level Media

Go Leafs Go

Going to be a tough one... but good teams find ways to win... maybe this can be a turning point on the season.. with a few days rest after this. I'm hopeful.... and if they aren't making calls for both teams tonight ... then put away the whistle for both teams.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Here's hoping later they'll make a change or let us know what's up. Marincin was crappy last night.

Not enough players on the roster to sit the crappy ones from last night.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Looks like I’m going to miss this one, but I’ll most likely be haunting the GDT during the game. Keep it entertaining for me ladies and gents :).

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Unfortunately, every game with Sparks and now Hutch is an automatic L for me.
I am really pleasantly surprised when we manage to pull a W and feel happy.
But I guess - time has thought me that this is better for my happiness.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Instead of going with your best lineup, let's put Hutch in because we can't have Fred playing b2b's 10 games in to try to get some momentum
I am actually starting to believe that Freddy is the one who refuses to play back to back games.
If it is Babcock who stops him from doing it - he should be fired on the spot!
Their next game is so far away. A person who works a 12 hour shift recovers in a day.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Unfortunately, every game with Sparks and now Hutch is an automatic L for me.
I am really pleasantly surprised when we manage to pull a W and feel happy.
But I guess - time has thought me that this is better for my happiness.
I might have to take a similar approach. I assume this is a loss maybe even a blowout so I don't get let down but am pleasantly surprised if anything different happens.

This could be a really ugly one.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hmm... Leafs on a back to back against a Boston team they just beat, who has been resting at home since the last game.. With our backup in net..

mrlxs4iyhxt21.jpg

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
It'll be an absolute statement win if the Leafs can pull this one out in Boston.

GO LEAFS GO!

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Who do we even have to put in for say Shore? Petan? Is that all that’s left?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I am actually starting to believe that Freddy is the one who refuses to play back to back games.
If it is Babcock who stops him from doing it - he should be fired on the spot!
Their next game is so far away. A person who works a 12 hour shift recovers in a day.

Back to backs increase injury risk. Goaltending is the most athletically intensive position in the sport. I don't want him playing 2 nights in a row.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Not enough players on the roster to sit the crappy ones from last night.

We could give Gravel a shot instead of Marincin... can't stand Marincin.

He always looks decent for a game or two... then same ol shit.

Plus on a back to back... can't hurt to have a guy with fresh legs, and some more bite then Marincin... when playing Boston.

Reactions: ACC1224

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Back to backs increase injury risk. Goaltending is the most athletically intensive position in the sport. I don't want him playing 2 nights in a row.
I truly don't remember if B2B is a fairly new thing or it has always been this way? When I was young in my memory it seems like Cujo played almost every night. Now that I look at the numbers it truly seems that Cujo played more than a starter today. Was this the standard back than or was he an exception? Btw here are the stats for easier comparison to today.

1998–99Toronto Maple LeafsNHL6735247400117132.56.910179810114112.43.907
1999–2000Toronto Maple LeafsNHL6336207380115842.49.91512667292512.06.932
2000–01Toronto Maple LeafsNHL6833278410016362.39.91511746852432.10.927
2001–02Toronto Maple LeafsNHL5129175306511442.23.90620101012534832.30.934
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
And you still don’t grasp that it’s the principle and had little to do with Par Lindholm. Bless your heart.
Probably because you keep praising him endlessly.
And you don't grasp that it's the principle of Babcock pretending he doesn't have extra players who are rested and that I actually care about Petan. Pretty interesting

Reactions: Suntouchable13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad