GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs (39-20-5) @ Tampa Bay Lightning (42-17-3) | 7:30 PM ET | SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
(Creating a GDT this early is the only way I can beat @Budsfan as I beat him by a literal minute the last time I created a GDT lol)

image.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs (39-20-5) @ Tampa Bay Lightning (42-17-3)
Amalie Arena
7:30 PM ET
TV: SNO -
Paul Romanuk, Greg Millen
Radio: TSN1050 - Joe Bowen, Jim Ralph

The post deadline sprint to the playoffs begins tonight as the Maple Leafs and Lightning meet for the 3rd time this season, in a match up where the Leafs look to gain ground on the current divisional leaders after defeating the Bruins Saturday night. Sunday afternoon's acquisition Tomas Plekanec is expected to make his debut with the Maple Leafs tonight, expect Connor Carrick to rotate in for Roman Polak as he played Saturday vs Boston, Freddy Andersen and Andrei Vasilevskiy are expected to get the starts in net.

Season Series:
Lightning @ Maple Leafs - 2-0 L
Lightning @ Maple Leafs - 4-3 W

:leafs
Forwards

Hyman - Nylander - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Brown
Komarov - Plekanec - Leivo

Defence
Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Polak

Goalies
Andersen
McElhinney

Extras/Injuries
Matthews (shoulder)
Moore (healthy scratch)
Martin (healthy scratch)
Carrick (healthy scratch)

:bolts
Forwards*
? (Namestnikov traded) - Stamkos - Callahan
Killorn - Point - Kucherov
Kunitz - Johnson - Gourde
Erne - Paquette - Conacher

Defence*
Hedman - Stralman
Sergachev - Girardi
Coburn - Sustr

Goalies*

Vasilevskiy
Domingue

*Leafs lineup tonight is CONFIRMED, Lightning lineup is NOT after trading Namestnikov, picks and prospects to the Rangers for Ryan McDonagh and J.T. Miller. McDonagh and Miller will not play tonight for Lightning.

GO LEAFS GO!

Last edited:
Reactions: Budsfan

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Time to test out the new toy:
Komarov - Plekanec - Kapanen
vs.
Killorn - Point - Kucherov

..all night

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
I'm just curious if McDonagh/Tanev/Green/Cole can make it to Tampa in time. :sarcasm:

Huge game seeding wise, let's hope for a regulation win.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Excited to see our new addition

Tampa is a tough team and we're away from home but if the boys have proven one thing this season they can beat anyone anywhere if there switched on mentally so

GO LEAFS GO

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Big game and big back to back. If they win both they can realistically shoot for the division and the soft portion of the schedule begins in March.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Win this one tomorrow and put a little bit of distance between yourself and Boston that's the key here

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Monday NHL game preview: Toronto Maple Leafs at Tampa Bay Lightning

Brayden Point player to watch on NHL trade deadline day at Amalie Arena.

Monday NHL game preview: Toronto Maple Leafs at Tampa Bay Lightning | Toronto Star

bozak_lightning.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x724.jpg

Tyler Bozak's Leafs visit Ryan Callahan and the Lightning on Monday night. (Chris Young / THE CANADIAN PRESS file photo)

By Mark ZwolinskiSports Reporter
Sun., Feb. 25, 2018

AMALIE ARENA
FACEOFF:
7:30 p.m.
TV: Sportsnet
RADIO: TSN 1050
KEY PLAYERS
Point/Bozak
Tampa’s Brayden Point scored the shootout winner Saturday against Montreal. He has notched the game-winner in each of the Lightning’s last three games. Toronto’s Tyler Bozak is the most dangerous Leaf in the shootout. He notched his career 18th shootout goal last week, on 43 attempts.
NEED TO KNOW
Tampa is coming off a stretch where 18 of 25 games were on the road. They now enter a home stretch where they play 10 of 11 games at Amalie Arena . . . They remain the top team in the Eastern Conference, but with some red flags of late. Coach Jon Cooper says the team has been spending too much time in its own zone, committing too many turnovers and playing high-risk hockey with a lead . . . To that end, trade rumours continue to link the Lightning to elite defencemen Erik Karlsson and Ryan McDonagh. The price would be sky-high — it’s believe Ottawa wants Point, Calder candidate Yanni Gourde, Vlad Namestnikov and picks for Karlsson … Steven Stamkos took exception to a knee-on-knee hit in Montreal on Saturday, feeling the Habs’ Karl Alzner crossed the line with a hit on Nikita Kucherov. Stamkos fought Alzner and wound up with 17 minutes in penalties … Tampa goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy remains the most important player on the team, and is a strong candidate for Vezina and Hart Trophy consideration.
UP NEXT
Tuesday at Florida Panthers, 7:30 p.m.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
(Creating a GDT this early is the only way I can beat @Budsfan as I beat him by a literal minute the last time I created a GDT lol)

No Problem 4uston Matthews, I'm glad you started the GDT today I'm going to be watching the Trade Day on the TV, so I just did a partial add on for the thread.
Make these as much as you can, I only do them because it needs to be done early, so we can talk about the game and there are items coming in early too that pertain to the game.
If you want to make a thread anytime just start early, even if it's just a place marker and then put your twist on the game in later.
I'm not trying to beat anyone to making a thread.....Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad