Proposal: Toronto - LA

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
JVR isn't "scraps", but his contract status severely limits his value. He is under control for like 110 games and then gets his big payday. The most you could get for him in value is maybe an unextended Shattenkirk.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
To Toronto

Jake Muzzin
2017 2nd Round Pick

To La

JVR (50% retained)
Matt Hunwick

Toronto gets a top pairing defenseman, who can be paired with Rielly(move Morgan to the right side). Toronot also retains on JVR to help LA cap next year. LA gets a top line winger to play with Kopitar, a defensman to replace Muzzin (in terms of an NHL body, no where near in terms of playing ability) and saves a little cap space this year, and over two million in cap savings next year.

[LA doesn't want to add the pick, remove the retention]

Who adds?

Typical Leaf purposal where they think thay can get a prime D-man for 100 games of JVR and 30 games of Hunwick for 3.5 seasons .
Then they ask how adds.:laugh:

What next try to con LA to take Kadri instead.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Always good to see the usuals in another Leafs thread to tell us all how crap our players are...keeps these threads nice and fluffy.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
same for muzzin here and a better contract then Kadri all things considered *top pairing defense man on a 4 million for 3 more years is better then a 4.5 million 2nd c (at best) for 5

I agree. I'm not pushing for the OP to happen, i understand completely why LA says no.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I know you do my friend your a reasonable leaf fan a true rare find lol i kid sorta if jvr was signed as long as muzzin maybe consider him as a base (leafs still add) but sadly hes not

Pretty sure the Leafs stand pat. They will see how the Xdraft plays out or maybe take a run at Shatty as a free agent. Nobody seems interested in what we would trade...and we won't be trading what everybody wants.

Which is all good, we aren't a contender, no need to rush things.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Pretty sure the Leafs stand pat. They will see how the Xdraft plays out or maybe take a run at Shatty as a free agent. Nobody seems interested in what we would trade...and we won't be trading what everybody wants.

Which is all good, we aren't a contender, no need to rush things.

Well to be fair your in a playoff race so you should be buyers not sellers However a hockey trade isn't that bad of idea to me If you can get the defense man you need your team can afford to get rid of some offense To me defense wins championships not offense

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well to be fair your in a playoff race so you should be buyers not sellers However a hockey trade isn't that bad of idea to me If you can get the defense man you need your team can afford to get rid of some offense To me defense wins championships not offense

The playoff race is a pleasant surprise, but it doesn't alter the plan. JVR would be the player they would shop....nobody's interested. Babs loves Kadri...they signed him long term, he's part of the plan. They won't buyers, they will look to deal the Polak/Hunwicks at the deadline.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The playoff race is a pleasant surprise, but it doesn't alter the plan. JVR would be the player they would shop....nobody's interested. Babs loves Kadri...they signed him long term, he's part of the plan. They won't buyers, they will look to deal the Polak/Hunwicks at the deadline.

i hope kings will be both buyer for future core piece(any long term signed forward so we can move lewis brown back to bottom 6 ) but rid them selves of king greene and any other ufas that can get us a pick

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
i hope kings will be both buyer for future core piece(any long term signed forward so we can move lewis brown back to bottom 6 ) but rid them selves of king greene and any other ufas that can get us a pick

How are you guys set for the Xdraft? Are you able to protect all of the D you want?

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
same for muzzin here and a better contract then Kadri all things considered *top pairing defense man on a 4 million for 3 more years is better then a 4.5 million 2nd c (at best) for 5

Reign it in a little there champ. Kadri puts up excellent offensive numbers while playing solid defense signed long-term at a great value contract. I really hate the 1/2/3/4 bs with regards to centers but Kadri can play 17 minutes against any opposition.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Reign it in a little there champ. Kadri puts up excellent offensive numbers while playing solid defense signed long-term at a great value contract. I really hate the 1/2/3/4 bs with regards to centers but Kadri can play 17 minutes against any opposition.

He would be playing behind kopitar and carter lets not pretend hes better then either

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Muzzin for Nylander. Take it or leave it. Leave it will be you answer, but there is no reason to move Muzz for anyone else. M, M, and R are all off the table for sure so it's got to be Nylander.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Muzzin for Nylander. Take it or leave it. Leave it will be you answer, but there is no reason to move Muzz for anyone else. M, M, and R are all off the table for sure so it's got to be Nylander.

I politely and respectfully leave it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Kadri would MORE than solve our 3C 'problem' (as he'd be playing behind Kopitar and Carter) or maybe play as a winger, who knows, but an upgrade from Dowd to Kadri isn't worth sacrificing one of the best 2Ds in the league on a great deal. Top-pairing d-men have to be some of the most valuable trade chips in the league right now, especially signed for years at 4 million. I don't mean that to mean I'm cheapening Kadri's value, don't take it that way, only that Muzzin is by far our best trade chip so him going would absolutely NEED to solve one of our problems, be it top-six scoring help, a comparable RHD, or mayyyyybe center (because when the Kings were rolling, the center depth was important).

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Kadri would MORE than solve our 3C 'problem' (as he'd be playing behind Kopitar and Carter) or maybe play as a winger, who knows, but an upgrade from Dowd to Kadri isn't worth sacrificing one of the best 2Ds in the league on a great deal. Top-pairing d-men have to be some of the most valuable trade chips in the league right now, especially signed for years at 4 million. I don't mean that to mean I'm cheapening Kadri's value, don't take it that way, only that Muzzin is by far our best trade chip so him going would absolutely NEED to solve one of our problems, be it top-six scoring help, a comparable RHD, or mayyyyybe center (because when the Kings were rolling, the center depth was important).

I respectfully disagree ( aah there our agreeing stops i feel better :sarcasm:lol ) Kadri would solve a need. Hes strong defensively especially against mcdavid He would play against him 6 times a year It would also allow kopitar to play more offensive and allow either carter or toffoli or kadri him self to play with kopitar. That is where we need him to play He would be a core piece for us as hes signed long term for cheap. He is as offensive as much as anyone would be for us but most important hes good enough defensively and a pest

REGGIE DUNLOP77

Jun 16, 2014
Southern GeorgianBay
I would do that,,,but who cares what i would or any other poster on here would do ,,,if it makes the team better leafs management would do it,,,whether La would is another question

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->