Confirmed with Link: Toronto gets Campbell and Clifford for Moore, 2nd (cond) & 3rd (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The pick is the biggest issue.

Imo just look for a similar skillset among the depth guys in feee agency

It's both for me

I don't like giving up a 2nd rounder with this team of talent evaluators and development staff and we can't give a 4th liner anything over 1M with our cap structure

I like Clifford but I'm not keen on resigning him if he's going to make anything close to Martin money, which seems possible

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The pick is the biggest issue.

Imo just look for a similar skillset among the depth guys in feee agency
I thought that was a bit too much with the potential to give up that 2nd. If it remains a 3rd that isn't a bad move. Campbell looks like the right guy. Clifford bridged us until the next 4th line bruiser. Martin returning on a cheap 1 year deal may not be the worst idea. Similar quality, but can likely be had for less and he wouldn't cost a pick.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Dubas sucks.

Toronto gets Campbell (now in AHL) and Clifford (now in AHL) for Moore, 2nd (cond) & 3rd (Part II)​

1713105291710.png

1713105305107.png

Moore - 30 goals 55 points this year for the Kings.

Last edited:
Reactions: OddyOh and MCR74

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Moore was likely not hitting those heights in Toronto, his usage would not be the same.
Hes played 2nd line LW, and 2nd PP basically all year long. Dont see why we wouldnt have been able to give him that role. Think he could have had a similar impact here. Hyman, Bunting and Moore were all solid LW that could play in the top 6 that have left in like a 3 year span.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hes played 2nd line LW, and 2nd PP basically all year long. Dont see why we wouldnt have been able to give him that role. Think he could have had a similar impact here. Hyman, Bunting and Moore were all solid LW that could play in the top 6 that have left in like a 3 year span.
Yeah that is true, although he would have had to battle for minutes with LW's over the years.

I'm not bothered by the trade, It made sense at the time. I am bothered by the continuous revolving door that is LW. We keep losing 5 million dollars players to make room for our 10+ players...

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
I am bothered by the continuous revolving door that is LW. We keep losing 5 million dollars players to make room for our 10+ players...
It's a terrible problem.

Wait til the cap crunch next year with JT still on the books.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Dude, Campbell killing it in the AHL!
Honestly, I think Sammy will be the AHL superstar net year. IMO.
Marlies brass say Keefe can play Sammy every game for the Marlines next year.
Coach Q will watch a few Marlies games to see how Sammy/Keefe are doiing.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Honestly, I think Sammy will be the AHL superstar net year. IMO.
Marlies brass say Keefe can play Sammy every game for the Marlines next year.
Coach Q will watch a few Marlies games to see how Sammy/Keefe are doiing.
I see what you did there, but you'll want to prepare yourself for Keefe still being the coach of this team next season. The Leafs win at least a couple of rounds this year and he isn't going anywhere.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Dubas sucks.

Toronto gets Campbell (now in AHL) and Clifford (now in AHL) for Moore, 2nd (cond) & 3rd (Part II)​

View attachment 851655
View attachment 851656

Moore - 30 goals 55 points this year for the Kings.

Very weird bump...

Campbell's stats look good with Toronto, really odd to bring up that Holland signed him to a bad contract and he ended up in the AHL.

Trevor Moore is a good player but this is his first year cracking 50... he is a complimentary player and not close to a star.

There is a weird obsession with former mid-level players here that can be replaced in free agency or internally.

Bunting is putting up similar numbers... are you upset that we didn't re-sign him? We let him walk for free.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
I see what you did there, but you'll want to prepare yourself for Keefe still being the coach of this team next season. The Leafs win at least a couple of rounds this year and he isn't going anywhere.
I know he'll be here.
Tre's plan is like Shanahan's plan ... do as little as possible to last as long as possible.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Moore was likely not hitting those heights in Toronto, his usage would not be the same.
This is how I feel about Steeves. If he can find success in the NHL it won’t be with the leafs as another team will offer more opportunity. There’s a few players we might look back at like that in the next few years.

Reactions: robertmac43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad