Feb 6, 2013
Miami
To Florida:

Nazem Kadri
2018 1st (25th Overall)

To Toronto:

Nick Bjugstad
2018 1st (15th Overall)

A move up in the draft for Toronto, 10 spots could make a big difference in player available. Bjugstad was shaky early in his career but is now healthy and brings a big body to the forward lines, works the boards and has a hard shot. Salary is basically even between the two with 1 year less on Bjugstad's contract than Kadri's. Bjugstad has scored 24 and 25 goals before in the league and could have had 30 if it weren't for injuries back then.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Kadri is a very good 2C who PKs and can match up against the other team's top line, correct? This seems like it greatly favors FLA. But if Leafs want to do it, I'd gladly accept from a Panthers POV.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Pass.
We are in win now mode. No reason to downgrade our team now just for a modest improvement to the prospect we draft in the first round.
A prospect who won’t be ready for 2-3 years anyway.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
This definitely hurts the Leafs short term and if it’s not made on the draft floor doesn’t guarantee them the player they’re presumably targeting. Doubt they’d do it then either though.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I hope Leafs say no, I would call ot robbery if it actully happend..

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I would do this if Leafs really thought they had a chance at someone they liked that might be there @ 15 like Joey Veleno.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Absolutely not. Kadri is a vital part of the Leafs going forward. The Leafs aren't trading a 30 goal scoring, matchup capable centre for futures when the goal is to go deeper into the playoffs next year. Seriously, it wouldn't make any sense for pick #5, much less #15.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
You sure u want that 7.5 mil. for the next 8 years? I mean if he can stay healthy it’s a fair deal, but idk the Leafs want to risk that. Also that would leave the Panthers with the worst defense in the NHL lol.
I would have to think about it, I haven't seen how Ekblad's been doing honestly. It was more of a shot at the offer in the OP and how it's not close.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The chances of Toronto trading Nazem Kadri, a centre who is good defensively, has back-to-back 30 goal seasons, and is making $4.5M has got to be next to nothing.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
To Florida:

Nazem Kadri
2018 1st (25th Overall)

To Toronto:

Nick Bjugstad
2018 1st (15th Overall)

A move up in the draft for Toronto, 10 spots could make a big difference in player available. Bjugstad was shaky early in his career but is now healthy and brings a big body to the forward lines, works the boards and has a hard shot. Salary is basically even between the two with 1 year less on Bjugstad's contract than Kadri's. Bjugstad has scored 24 and 25 goals before in the league and could have had 30 if it weren't for injuries back then.

Bjugstad has only had one twenty goal season, which was 24 in 14/15, and he played 72 games that year so I doubt he would have broke 30. Kadri is locked up longer, and is coming off back to back 32 goal campaigns. He's a key Leafs shutdown C and is a vital piece on our roster. There would have to be a decent add to the Panthers proposal for this deal to happen.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
To Florida:

Nazem Kadri
2018 1st (25th Overall)

To Toronto:

Nick Bjugstad
2018 1st (15th Overall)

Holy crap that's bad for Toronto.
I wouldn't even do that if you removed TO's 1st

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Why would a team that's just entering their win-now window make a significant downgrade in their 2C spot just to move up 10 spots in the draft? If we're talking about moving from 15th to 5th then maybe you have that discussion. But from 25th to 15th it's pretty much a crapshoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad