Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
The team is missing some key guys (Piatti, Mavinga, Osorio, Altidore) and the players who came in have not produced. Pozuelo is obviously frustrated with the likes Endoh, Mullins, Fraser who just don’t have quality. Bradley may be finished. He’s slow and passes go astray. Laryea has been reading his clippings, too much lack of effort. Defensively Ciman and Gonzalez are terrible together. We’ll be better once we get the injured guys back.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
. Bradley may be finished. He’s slow and passes go astray.
I think part of it is he has been shoved into action real quick. Went from no games and injury to games every 3 days because we are desperate.

His speed likely won't improve as he has lost a step, but his match sharpness will improve in the coming weeks. At least that would be my guess/hope.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Piatti is a huge miss. Poz needs a guy to play with to create. Once he is back we should be ok again on offense.

I think Ciman and Omar are way past prime now. It is the achilles heel in our lineup when we play seattle again. Way to slow on ball and to react. Omar is now strictly a tall guy to play headers which he is ok at. Useless with ball at his feet. Missing Mavinga big time.

Bradley had lost his step a year or two ago against fast teams they were stealing ball from him. He needs more support around ball for his little give and go passes. But overall he still knows where to go and he is a great team leader.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Piatti is a huge miss. Poz needs a guy to play with to create. Once he is back we should be ok again on offense.
I think the main issue is missing Altidore and Akinola, we do not have enough goals in the squad without them. Piatti is obviously great and would help with link up play, but without the main strikers we are far less threatening.

Mullins does not do the trick up front.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The team is missing some key guys (Piatti, Mavinga, Osorio, Altidore) and the players who came in have not produced. Pozuelo is obviously frustrated with the likes Endoh, Mullins, Fraser who just don’t have quality. Bradley may be finished. He’s slow and passes go astray. Laryea has been reading his clippings, too much lack of effort. Defensively Ciman and Gonzalez are terrible together. We’ll be better once we get the injured guys back.

Bradley needs a couple of more games to regain his form. He had a long layoff.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think the main issue is missing Altidore and Akinola, we do not have enough goals in the squad without them. Piatti is obviously great and would help with link up play, but without the main strikers we are far less threatening.

Yes of course 1 of 2 back would help over our backups but Poz gets 2 to 3 man coverage now and he has no one to be creative with so he is getting boxed out constantly ... hard to explain it but it is like when Seba had Vaz it was like magic and it created many easy strikes for Altidore ... but you are right a solid consistent finisher is missing too

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Big game tonight in terms of the shield. At this point though the most important thing is to get people back to full helath and match sharpness.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20201101_190147.jpg

About 2k here.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Mullins looked like da real deal to me last night although against a weak team. We miss Piatti once he is back we will dominate again. He activates Poz. Skill and creativity was lacking again last night. One of Akinola or Altidore is needed in front of net to bang in a goal a game.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Grinded out a win against a surprisingly good Miami club with a a few key guys still out.

Akinola is right up there with Pozuelo for our MVP in my opinion. Where would we be without his contributions this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad