Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Bradley is all class, taking a hometown discount to help the team build a stronger supporting cast moving forward.

Nice to see that sort of selflessness from at least one of our high profile professional athletes in this town.
How much of a discount did he take?
I was under the impression he's on the downside of his career.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
How much of a discount did he take?
I was under the impression he's on the downside of his career.

I don't know the exact figures, but he was making 6 million a year on his previous contract. Now that he's on a TAM contract, it's safe to say he's taken at least 3-4 million less per season on his current deal.

Reactions: ACC1224

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Stills seems quite on the DP front.

Mavinga is back which is good.
Benezet out which I'm okay with as I never found him to be that effective last year. Will always remember his winder goal though in the playoffs!

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Fraser should step in. Need that designated player now versus summer but then again you wait for the right player versus making a hasty decision here.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Fraser should step in. Need that designated player now versus summer but then again you wait for the right player versus making a hasty decision here.

Agreed. Be patient, from what I remember Poz came in little into the season. The right player will come around.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Stills seems quite on the DP front.

Mavinga is back which is good.
Benezet out which I'm okay with as I never found him to be that effective last year. Will always remember his winder goal though in the playoffs!
Who are we going after? Is Seba happy in Saudi?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bruma is a name I've heard and as per Vanney, 'never say never' to Seba.

I would be surprised if it was Bruma he just got to PSV this past summer and has apparently been doing decent. It's also been some time since those rumours came around and I feel as though we would no more if there was any movement on that front.

I hope I'm wrong as I would take Bruma with open arms. He would definitely find success with TFC and add the speed, skill, and decisiveness we have lacked on the wing. Would overall compliment Jozy and Poz a lot.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Do you Bruma the kid who was to be the next superstar from Sporting? If so whatever happened to him? Like he went completely off the radar ...

That is the Bruma. He never really found his footing in senior and then ran into injury trouble. I believe he was injured for almost an entire year when he played in Turkey and then he also missed time last year.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Amazing signing if everything goes through with the medical. My one concern is that Piatti has been demolished with injuries throughout his career.

If he stays healthy though he would add an amazing level of creativity and decisiveness in the final third!

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Don't like the faint diagonal lines. Would have preferred plain white, but I don't mind them.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Love the signing. The missing piece last year was some creativity and speed on the wings and this is the perfect way to fix that!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Forgot the season started. Looks like we blew a 2-0 lead :(

It was a rough one for sure. Scored on 2 minutes after taking a 2 goal lead and then again in the 94th. Two moments in the game when the D needs to clean up. Endoh with an unfortunate foul after being nutmeg leading to the second goal.

Overall though it was a solid road effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->