Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So far, this game is like the living embodiment of all the negative stereotypes about MLS soccer.

Zero flow, extremely poor passing, everything is a hopeful air ball.

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
So far, this game is like the living embodiment of all the negative stereotypes about MLS soccer.

Zero flow, extremely poor passing, everything is a hopeful air ball.
Too many games too fast TBH. And playing in 30+ degree heat + heavy humidity in Orlando. It should be expected. But team only needs a draw to advance as #1 seed in group. So best to keep game to slow as possible.

Reactions: Cloned

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Altidore and Akinola together and we get a PK right away! Love it!

Edit: I would have placed that outside the box personally.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Woof... that was a dog of a game. Didn't think we played that well, especially in the 2nd... seemed really disjointed up front. Coach mentioned the drive to the middle of the field as a problem, it was evident... well played by NE.

Feel like we were lucky to get a point from that game to be honest. The team was fairly vocal against the 9am games... they kinda played like they were not fully engaged.

Hopefully MTL surprises with a win tonight to secure 1st place in the pool for us.

Side note: When Piatti and Pozuelo are clicking it is magic.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I was intrigued by the few minutes I saw of Akinola + Altidore together. Wouldn't mind seeing more of that next game with Poz and Piatti behind them.
Great weapon/option to have going forward. Jozy is a pretty darn underrated distributor.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Both of which I really like our chances against. Especially the White Caps, they have a lot of players in roles they simply aren't good enough for.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Both of which I really like our chances against. Especially the White Caps, they have a lot of players in roles they simply aren't good enough for.
It is gonna be Sounders vs TFC in final ... wow what a surprise .. TFC will have to knock out LAFC and Sounders will have to knock out Columbus ... I expect both will happen ... i hope we have enough offense now to get through that defense

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I love your confidence, but we are not getting anywhere near the final playing the way we have so far. I assume the team can get it together for a full match.

Love that we are not playing SEA in the round of 16. Also, despite the rivalries I am glad MTL made it through and I hope VAN does as well. That was a surprising result this morning; for me anyway.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I love your confidence, but we are not getting anywhere near the final playing the way we have so far. I assume the team can get it together for a full match.

Love that we are not playing SEA in the round of 16. Also, despite the rivalries I am glad MTL made it through and I hope VAN does as well. That was a surprising result this morning; for me anyway.
As much as we have been choppy at the back, I don't think there is really a front runner thus far int he tournament. Everyone looks a little off, as they should given the long break and circumstances of the tournament.

With that in mind I would say it's anyone tournament. I like that we have a couple game breaking talents on the team that can push us over the edge during close games. Should give us a good shot at winning this thing.

Reactions: wingman75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad