Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
While the team remains undefeated under interim coach Perez, we need to start converting draws to victories, especially at home. We're running out of matches to make up ground in the standings.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
While the team remains undefeated under interim coach Perez, we need to start converting draws to victories, especially at home. We're running out of matches to make up ground in the standings.

In due time, in due time. They have moved up 3 spots in the past 5 games. There are very winnable games coming up (Philly and NY). Go 2 for 2 and they are back in it. But the season is a long one. Any points they can get is better than losses.

Reactions: robertmac43

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Just checked in on the game tonight.

My reaction:

zGHQb4O.gif

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Big comeback last night to earn the draw against a tough opponent. We need to start banking some wins though.

It was interesting to see Perez have the balls to sub Bradley and Altidore at the half, and it completely changed the momentum of the game. Prizo and Achara were fantastic.

Reactions: TMLeafer

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah, I absolutely loved the use of Subs last night. Hopefully, we can pick up some wins down the stretch. Really need more points to keep up in the race.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We've played very well the last couple of games, but our lack of finish is killing us.

I think we're running out of games to make a realistic playoff push this season.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Patrick Mullins getting paid to do what he does makes me wanna dust off my cleats and get out on the pitch again. I couldn't be any more irrelevant than him.

Reactions: Pinto

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Altidore undergoes successful surgery on foot, Priso set for surgery on right ankle | Toronto FC

Toronto FC striker Jozy Altidore underwent successful surgery on his right foot today at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. Altidore was in New York to receive a second opinion on what has become a chronic injury and it was decided that he should undergo the procedure immediately. Recovery is expected to take up to six weeks.

Additionally, Toronto FC learned today that midfielder Ralph Priso will undergo surgery on his right ankle. Priso was injured in the second half of Toronto FC’s game with the New England Revolution on Saturday, August 14th at BMO Field. Priso is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Patrick Mullins getting paid to do what he does makes me wanna dust off my cleats and get out on the pitch again. I couldn't be any more irrelevant than him.

Lol. In fairness, he is like 5th on the striker depth chart if everyone was healthy.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Joze out again. What else is new. Expected 6 weeks. Just let him go. He’s no good if he’s not on the field. When does his contract expire?

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Joze out again. What else is new. Expected 6 weeks. Just let him go. He’s no good if he’s not on the field. When does his contract expire?
Jozy Altidore, Toronto FC's fractured relationship has multiple imperfect paths to resolution - The Athletic

Altidore's contract, which was signed in early 2019, is guaranteed through the 2022 season. Sources said that the deal includes a club option for 2023, and that Altidore will receive a payment from the club if that option is not picked up. Altidore signed with Toronto ahead of the 2015 season

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Luke Singh might be the worst defender I’ve seen since Omar Gonzalez. Aren’t we lucky to have both on this train-wreck of a team. And best of all, why would a coach play him in a critical game. This coach makes Montoyo look like a genius.

Reactions: al secord

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Luke Singh might be the worst defender I’ve seen since Omar Gonzalez. Aren’t we lucky to have both on this train-wreck of a team. And best of all, why would a coach play him in a critical game. This coach makes Montoyo look like a genius.

It's kind of unfair to Singh too though. He shouldn't be here or at least not playing as often. He's a 20 year old CB, it's on management for not addressing the back line when it was a known issue even last year.

And yes Soteldo is 24 but has a much more aged face.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think Soteldo is getting a lot of unnecessary hate from certain areas of the fan base. He came into the team late, has battled injuries, and has had inconsistent attackers playing around him. It has been far from easy in terms of his transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad