Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Looking forward to the game tonight. The recent additions of Lawrence and Dwyer should be a big boost, especially Dwyer who is a massive upgrade over Mullins in my opinion. Wonder how Armas is going to shuffle around the left side now.

Not sure what the odds are that Lawrence plays but Dwyer has been been practicing with the team for some time now and should at least be coming off the bench. Go you reds!

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Mavinga has been back for that last couple games. Not sure about Poz. We sure are missing him, can't come back soon enough.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
One thing about MLS you can have a good squad but if your 3 DP’s are out like in our case Soteldo and Pozuelo haven’t played yet and Altidore just sucks now , you literally can’t win very much or go far in this league without 3 healthy DP’s. All the MLS cup winners have elite DP’s even TFC 2017. I have confidence we will do well this year as Pozuelo and Soteldo are legit just need them back into games and please get rid of Altidore and bring in a more suitable DP

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
One thing about MLS you can have a good squad but if your 3 DP’s are out like in our case Soteldo and Pozuelo haven’t played yet and Altidore just sucks now , you literally can’t win very much or go far in this league without 3 healthy DP’s. All the MLS cup winners have elite DP’s even TFC 2017. I have confidence we will do well this year as Pozuelo and Soteldo are legit just need them back into games and please get rid of Altidore and bring in a more suitable DP

Jozy will become productive when both Poz and Soteldo are in the lineup along side of him. The role Jozy plays in the point striker. You cannot be successful without players along side of you or behind you that dont possess the skill to get you the ball.

My guess is once all 3 are on the field at once along with Osario, it will provide the skill level that a player like Jozy needs to be surrounded with to be successful.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Jozy will become productive when both Poz and Soteldo are in the lineup along side of him. The role Jozy plays in the point striker. You cannot be successful without players along side of you or behind you that dont possess the skill to get you the ball.

My guess is once all 3 are on the field at once along with Osario, it will provide the skill level that a player like Jozy needs to be surrounded with to be successful.

Jozy has sucked for 2 years now. He’s often injured and lazy. He’s done it’s time to move on.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I don't know about lazy but his body is definitely done. Staying healthy for a month would be an accomplishment at this point.

Reactions: Joufreau

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
I don't know about lazy but his body is definitely done. Staying healthy for a month would be an accomplishment at this point.

When he was “healthy” last year he sure looked lazy, like he’s completely checked out. That and he’s guaranteed to be injured for half the season. Time for a change there.

Reactions: Puckstuff

heatersthebest

Mar 21, 2006
how did he look?
Personally, smaller than I would have thought, and he looked much older than 23. The whole team looked sluggish and couldn't string passes together so it was hard to get a read on him. I would say that what we knew about him, not being afraid to attack with dribbles, was verified.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Really solid effort tonight. With our recent acquisitions, this team should be a legitimate contender once we're healthy.

Reactions: Joufreau

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Pretty good performance last night. Defended well, moved the ball around really well. Soteldo showed some flashes of skill, you can see he's going to be good when we get him into 1v1 situations. Soteldo and Poz will give defenders a lot of trouble once the latter returns.

Jozy even looked good coming off the bench, if he gets back to playing at a high level (and of course, stays healthy *crosses fingers*) that would be huge.

Kemar Lawrence looked solid off the bench as well. I've had enough of Auro, ready to relegate him to the bench. Sloppy passing, brutal touch on the ball, was beat out wide several times last night.

This team should continue to get better as we get players coming back from injuries and the new guys settle in. I'd still like to see us add another center back. Gonzalez makes me nervous, especially when playing against players with pace. Also not sure why Dwyer didn't even dress last night, he's a far better attacking option off the bench than Mullins although the latter did fine with his hold up play after coming on.

Good win.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Pretty good performance last night. Defended well, moved the ball around really well. Soteldo showed some flashes of skill, you can see he's going to be good when we get him into 1v1 situations. Soteldo and Poz will give defenders a lot of trouble once the latter returns.

Jozy even looked good coming off the bench, if he gets back to playing at a high level (and of course, stays healthy *crosses fingers*) that would be huge.

Kemar Lawrence looked solid off the bench as well. I've had enough of Auro, ready to relegate him to the bench. Sloppy passing, brutal touch on the ball, was beat out wide several times last night.

This team should continue to get better as we get players coming back from injuries and the new guys settle in. I'd still like to see us add another center back. Gonzalez makes me nervous, especially when playing against players with pace. Also not sure why Dwyer didn't even dress last night, he's a far better attacking option off the bench than Mullins although the latter did fine with his hold up play after coming on.

Good win.

Mullins is usually brought in to help protect a lead as he's our best defensive option up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad