Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's a shame these CCL games haven't been on network television.

What a huge upset by TFC over Leon. We had no business being competitive with them with such a depleted lineup, let alone winning on aggregate.

The kids looked great based on the highlights I saw.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Not even a mention of game on TSN embarrassing .. one of most impressive games we played in years and not a mention .. disgusted .. i guess everyone assumed we would get blown out and did not bother

They showed the highlights on Sportscentre later in the show, but yeah, it should have been one of the leading stories for sure.

heatersthebest

Mar 21, 2006
Not even a mention of game on TSN embarrassing .. one of most impressive games we played in years and not a mention .. disgusted .. i guess everyone assumed we would get blown out and did not bother
They had highlights on after the first leg, pretty early in the lineup. I was surprised then, so I would be surprised if they didn't mention the win at all

heatersthebest

Mar 21, 2006
Same as last year minus piatti
With all of the youth I expected it to be quite different. The way Okello and Priso played against Leon I expected they would be in the starting XI today. Also didn't Altidore start last year? No way he is starting today, or were you thinking of the MLS is Back tournament?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
With all of the youth I expected it to be quite different. The way Okello and Priso played against Leon I expected they would be in the starting XI today. Also didn't Altidore start last year? No way he is starting today, or were you thinking of the MLS is Back tournament?

With all the injuries, I have no clue who's starting today. Game starts soon

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Bradley is done. The game has passed him by. He’s slow, reacts poorly, loses the ball too easily. The defensive awareness on the third goal was pathetic.

Reactions: wingman75

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bradley is done. The game has passed him by. He’s slow, reacts poorly, loses the ball too easily. The defensive awareness on the third goal was pathetic.
That seems harsh. He's definitely lost a step, but he's still a useful MF. Has supplied some good balls today and looks decent with ball progression.

The third goal was definitely bad, but 'the game has passed him by' is harsh.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He's obviously young and gets somewhat of a pass from that, but my goodness Singh is having a rough game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffman955

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Emotional letdown after Wednesday on short rest with a severely depleted lineup. I give them a pass today.
Have to agree .. older guys like Bradley can't go with 3 days rest like that .. and he was one of best guys on pitch against Leon which is a far far far better club than Montreal with respect .. coach showed respect to field same lineup but clearly Omar and Bradley can't do it

Reactions: Clark4Ever

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Watch Leon game and tell me he's done .. he was our best player against a far better team in Leon .. more like he was gassed and can't play every 3 days in midfield anymore clearly

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Watch Leon game and tell me he's done .. he was our best player against a far better team in Leon .. more like he was gassed and can't play every 3 days in midfield anymore clearly
I hope he proves me wrong, and "being done" is a bit harsh, but my assessment is a continuation of what I saw of him last year. Yes, he can have a very good game like he did against Leon, but the days of him being consistently good are behind him. Father time catches up to everyone. At 33 yrs of age, and the position he plays, it'll be difficult. Also, there's a reason he's no longer a DP for us and took a sizable reduction in pay to play for us.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I hope he proves me wrong, and "being done" is a bit harsh, but my assessment is a continuation of what I saw of him last year. Yes, he can have a very good game like he did against Leon, but the days of him being consistently good are behind him. Father time catches up to everyone. At 33 yrs of age, and the position he plays, it'll be difficult. Also, there's a reason he's no longer a DP for us and took a sizable reduction in pay to play for us.
You may be right as I was shocked at how well and fast he played against Leon .. maybe it was an outlier .. but I did notice last year he had a lot of nights where he could not keep up to play

Reactions: CabanaBoy5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad