Proposal: Toronto/Dallas

Jan 21, 2018
Terrible for Dallas.

Mason Raymond is a UFA. Why spend a premium asset on Mason Raymond 2018.

Skate fast. Accomplish little. Rinse and repeat.

Terrible for Toronto.

Aki Berg is a UFA. Why spend a premium asset on Aki Berg 2018.

I hope this helps you realize how awful your post was.

Reactions: Brock Radunske
Feb 24, 2017
Terrible for Toronto.

Aki Berg is a UFA. Why spend a premium asset on Aki Berg 2018.

I hope this helps you realize how awful your post was.
Sassy
74038706-AA3C-4DE4-BD76-A48DEDADFC80.jpeg

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
What about pet?

You can watch him once a year in Toronto when we visit

But in actuality, Kapanen doesn’t have the upside of Heiskanen. We’d want Nylander, but Miro would have to have a great rookie season first for the Leafs to think about that. If that happened, I wouldn’t see Dallas think about moving him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345 and Dzonna

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Value is fair IMO, but this is one both teams probably decline because they want to see what they have in their guy first. They've both got a lot of untapped potential.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
No offense, but if a D can't crack Dallas' roster then I do not want to add them to my team. Kapanen can't get up the lineup because the Leafs are a top 5 offensive team. Not moving a guy who will take a big role after some UFA's leave for a guy who Babcock would likely just sit anyway because he's not really an upgrade to anyone on the right side.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No offense, but if a D can't crack Dallas' roster then I do not want to add them to my team. Kapanen can't get up the lineup because the Leafs are a top 5 offensive team. Not moving a guy who will take a big role after some UFA's leave for a guy who Babcock would likely just sit anyway because he's not really an upgrade to anyone on the right side.

Not able to crack the lineup=Ken Hitchcock not trusting smaller guys. Honka was great this year and everytime he gets to play. It's about Hitchcock liking bigger and more physical dmen. We will get a better luck hopefully at Honka next year because Pateryn/Hamhuis will be gone. Also, for the majority of the season Dallas was a top 5 defensive team and even towards the end a top 10 defensive team so your argument of them being a top 5 offensive team is irrelevant. Neither player was able to work their way up the lineup/in the lineup because of this.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW

This ain’t 2016. Defense is not Dallas’ weakness.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

First of all our D was good this year... but whatever hang on to old story lines if you want. Second if you are a rookie and not 6'2 Hitch thinks you are too small for the NHL. Honka is a country mile better than Peteryn and the only reason he didn't play more this year is because Hitch lows big slow bruisers. When Honka is on the ice we are objectively better at every aspect of hockey other than crease clearing

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
stat line is misleading. try watching a few leaf games. Kapanen only plays the 4th line because brown is the defensive presence for bozak and jvr and nylander and marner are the leafs top 2 wingers

Kapanen is one of the fastest kids in the league and was ppg in the AHL at 20. he isnt going anywhere unless its for a significant upgrade. this just seems too much like a lateral move
Do you expect Kappy to get a top 6 roll on this team anytime soon? I don't see it .In two years Marleau is done(assumption) so perhaps then!

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Value is probably close but I think if we trade Kapanen it would be for someone more established. You have probably gathered we are all pretty high on him and in no rush to trade him. If we were to go for a player like Honka we would probably be trying to move non roster assets.

Nice offer though and I appreciate your interest in our boy.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No one is going to give you a top 4 Dman for Kapanen tho...

Your best bet in landing a top 4 D man in return for Kapanen is trading for a a similar situation Dman who becomes a top 4 D man with the opportunity just like a team trading for Kapanen would be hoping he becomes a 2nd line winger given the opportunity.

i didnt say straight up for kapanen did I?

example Vancouver easily does Kapanen + 1st for Tanev. there is a top 4 dman that has shown he can play with riely

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Honka puts up better transition numbers than Klingberg when he gets the chance to play and regularly looks like one of our better Dmen when actually given the chance and until Hitchcock tried to make him boring he produced at the rate Liljegren is doing in the AHL which has you guys gushing.

Kapanen hasnt shown more than Honka in the NHL. As a Dallas fan I am reluctant to do this because the thought of locking up our top 4 D at such a young age is super tempting. However looking at their careers so far and the fact that I dont really want to do it tells me that this is probably a pretty even deal

a bit different. Honka turned 19 a couple months into his rookie season, Liljegren STILL hasnt turned 19.
get where you are coming from but Honka has definitely hit a plateau. If Liljegren follows the same career path (22 years old/bottom pairing dman) most leafs fans are gonna be pretty dissapointed

Honka is entirely capable of turning it around and becobigger role with JVR,Bozak,Komarov all leaving.

as a former marlies season ticket holder Kapanen is one of the guys id be most hesitant to move....and i doubt the leafs do it unless its part of a package for an established top 4 dman...one that can help the leafs win the cup next season

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I
a bit different. Honka turned 19 a couple months into his rookie season, Liljegren STILL hasnt turned 19.
get where you are coming from but Honka has definitely hit a plateau. If Liljegren follows the same career path (22 years old/bottom pairing dman) most leafs fans are gonna be pretty dissapointed

Honka is entirely capable of turning it around and becobigger role with JVR,Bozak,Komarov all leaving.

as a former marlies season ticket holder Kapanen is one of the guys id be most hesitant to move....and i doubt the leafs do it unless its part of a package for an established top 4 dman...one that can help the leafs win the cup next season
How has a 19 year old hit a f***ing plateau. That’s such a dumb thing to say. He still has a great outlook. When did Rielly make the nhl, has he plateaued yet?

There’s still a ton of room for Honka to grow. If Lil Grin has a similar season next year will you be down on him?

Brutal hot take, man. Brutal.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I

How has a 19 year old hit a ****ing plateau. That’s such a dumb thing to say. He still has a great outlook. When did Rielly make the nhl, has he plateaued yet?

There’s still a ton of room for Honka to grow. If Lil Grin has a similar season next year will you be down on him?

Brutal hot take, man. Brutal.

almost as brutal as you thinking a guy that turns 23 this year is 19.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

Cool so you havent watched him play... Honka got a decent bit better every single year in the AHL and then looked unreal at the end of last year. It wasnt until Hitchcock tried to get him to play like Pateryn, gave him 12 a night and scratched him for any small mistake that he completely lost his confidence. You can twist it how you want but the facts are that he as played every bit like the prospect you guys are gushing over and has definitely not plateau'd...

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Stars are better off holding onto Honka and see how things work out with the next coaching staff. The upside there is just too high and he has shown too much positive at times in his career.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Do you expect Kappy to get a top 6 roll on this team anytime soon? I don't see it .In two years Marleau is done(assumption) so perhaps then!
Well, there is going to be two opens in the top-6 (C+LW) and one in the top-9 (LW) as of July 1. There will be room.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Well, there is going to be two opens in the top-6 (C+LW) and one in the top-9 (LW) as of July 1. There will be room.
So Jvr 's spot? Yeah I guess that could be considered an offensive roll, on most teams his production is top 6 anyway. Hopefully it is a seamless transition for Kappy.I was initially thinking he should have Hymans job or Marleaus. Really,it seems like lots of line-up movement if both Jvr and Bozak go....will be interesting!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
So Jvr 's spot? Yeah I guess that could be considered an offensive roll, on most teams his production is top 6 anyway. Hopefully it is a seamless transition for Kappy.I was initially thinking he should have Hymans job or Marleaus. Really,it seems like lots of line-up movement if both Jvr and Bozak go....will be interesting!
I think JVR, Bozak and Komarov are all toast, so there is two offensive spots for young wingers and one for a centre.
Pleks and Moore will be gone too...maybe Martin if they can find a taker so there are some other 4th line/spot duty jobs available too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad